which 4* to level next?

jvasses
jvasses Posts: 43
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have Jean Grey at 270. I have Kingpin, Red Hulk, and Fury fully covered and at level 170. I also have hulkbuster at 5/5/1 at level 166. Who should I level next and to what level? red hulk is the best of the 3, but his purple/green overlap Jean Grey. Should I just level hulkbuster to whatever his max is until I can get the last 2 blues I need? my other thought was to level them all up together slowly. I haven't updated my gamependium roster in quite a while, but I will see if I can do it later today.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    If your goal is PVP, I would focus on getting your HB maxed out since you have the covers that matter. Of the toons you have available to level, Jeanbuster is still one of the most effective teams. I would then focus on Red Hulk have fun with the other two in Shield Sim.

If PVE is your focus, I would just level them all up together because KP and Fury can do work in PVE when leveled.
  • jvasses
    jvasses Posts: 43
    madok wrote:
    If your goal is PVP, I would focus on getting your HB maxed out since you have the covers that matter. Of the toons you have available to level, Jeanbuster is still one of the most effective teams. I would then focus on Red Hulk have fun with the other two in Shield Sim.

If PVE is your focus, I would just level them all up together because KP and Fury can do work in PVE when leveled.

thank you....looking at your roster, you have a pretty similar roster as me, except with the maxxed hulkbuster...how often are you able to hit 1300 pvp??? or how easily can you hit 1000.
    currently I don't always hit 1000, depends on slice, and I usually have to shield hop strategically to do it.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    jvasses wrote:

thank you....looking at your roster, you have a pretty similar roster as me, except with the maxxed hulkbuster...how often are you able to hit 1300 pvp??? or how easily can you hit 1000.
    currently I don't always hit 1000, depends on slice, and I usually have to shield hop strategically to do it.

I've hit 1K with 1 or 2 shields the past two seasons since I got HB and JG maxed except for the one or two times I didn't need the cover at 1K. I've only really tried for 1300 one time and got there pretty easily thanks to getting lucky with cupcakes and a single shield hop.

Even with a max Jeanbuster, you will get hit. Jeanbuster can beat itself and there are enough 5* teams running around now but it has the power to easily get to 1K or 1.3K if you are in a good slice.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your roster is fairly similar to mine. I would level IMHB as much as you can, and simply pair it with Jean. I've been pairing mine at 230 with Iron Fist since my jean is only 4/1/2.
    I have hit 1k every event (apart from the off season ones) for the last 3-4 seasons, and the occasional 1300 here and there.

Each event I'm only using 1-3 shields. Basically do your climb in stages. First one should be to 400-600 and let it float. Don't be too fuss if you get hit, most of the time you get back the same amount if not more on the retaliation. Next one is the climb to first shield above 850. When you do this depends on which rewards you're aiming for. Since I'm only aiming for 1k, I time it at the 11 or 8 hrs mark. Enough for 1-2 shields. Then it's just a matter of how many 70+ pts targets you can queue on your hops. You'll need about 3 (or 2 when both are 75 and you're at 850) to get 1k. Obviously the higher above 850 you are the more picky you can be with your targets in the 60-70 range. Break at the end for those last 1-2 battles.