Your ermmm... MPQ moment of the day (neutral thread)

Wooodd
Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I wasn't sure whether this should go in the best moments or worse so decided on a middle ground.

Got to enough hp today for my next slot and decided to vrack a couple of LTs open and see whats what.

First two opened offer me 5* Spidey Pinkle and 5* OML Red.

Don't know how to feel about this. One rhe one hand have a fer 3*s champed now so when boosted they"re on par with 5* levels, but when the wrong 3*s are boosted would I be screwed?

Already have Phoenix Red rostered. Roster in sig is fairly upto date.

Comments

• I rostered OML and Phoenix each with 1 cover and it destroyed me with scaling and mmr. My next highest was XF at 211. I have SS in queue but I dunno if I wanna roster him or not now. It's a tough decision cuz nobody wants to sale a 5* but just know what you have to look forward to. My "easy" nodes used to start at about 150-160ish but now are always 190 and up. I don't even bother with the harder nodes unless it's all goons. So it's dramatically slowed my progression. But I'm barely into 4* transition and expect things to get better when I can afford to level them up in a few years. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I was a 3* player with a 188 Fury (7+ champions though) when I rostered two 5*s at the same time. Haven't noticed an effect on PvP, but my initial PvE nodes are 80 levels higher than normal. I don't normally play PvE, so I'm not sure if that's because of how the current PvE is structured (I only started the 2nd sub, and it's not one of the linear ones).

Maybe... your "whelmed" moment of the day.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't put it in the worst moment of the day thread, because I technically could use all three covers. But man... I opened three Legendaries, and received:
    Mr. Fantastic
    **** Falcon
    Cho

Bleh.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I woke up late this morning and did a full clear of Unstable ISO-8. Got my alliance iso and my daily resupply. (500 iso)

Then I ran through ddq. Threw the Patch cover into my Champion (500 iso), and opened my taco tokens. (5 health packs and 2* Cap -> 250 iso)

Now I'm waiting for the next refresh of UI8.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat the Hulk in Crash! Woohoo!
    Pulled an IW blue from the token! Boooo!
    One hand giveth, the other taketh away!
  • Went in to work late last night and got home 8 minutes after Unstable ISO-8 ended. Finished 108th. I didn't need the cover though and my alliance finished top 50 so I'm feeling pretty ermmmm about it.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Sold my 1-covered Silver Surfer. My scaling is back to normal, and I don't have to worry for getting enough HP for another roster slot before my Jean runs out of time.
  • I got 2 OML and 1 Phoenix token out of 4 Legendaries I opened from championing 3*s. I figured I'd finally test the scaling theory instead of just selling them out of fear. PVE there was no change (though I've read that's calculated at the start of the event anyway) and they were actually pretty useful for tanking.
    Then Kamala's PvP started and I was facing maxed 4* rosters straight from the seed teams. Gone were the boosted 2*/unlevelled 3* teams I'd come to rely on until I made 800...
    Needless to say both got sold immediately.

The next day I pulled a Venom cover, got all excited and bought a new roster slot for him... forgetting I had two free from the 5*s... Can never have too many of them I guess.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I sold both of my single cover 5*, and enjoyed a much easier time in PVP and PVE, within days. But.. I wanted to keep my 5*!! Why couldn't they make the base level of those guys a lot lower?

I really enjoy the champions feature, although ISO is not coming as fast as I can spend it, now. Don't make me sell off those Blade and Patch covers before I can champion them!

I am getting Legendary Tokens at a nice rate, but please stop giving me ChoHulk and Ghost Rider, and enough with the purple Fury and Prof X blue already! Pick any other color, please.

A great game, and frustrating at the same time.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    It's not like I've gotten a lot of LTs since the feature was introduced -- maybe a dozen at most, but after finally scraping the ISO together to champion a couple of 3*, I pulled both OML black and Phoenix red. I have the HP to roster both right now, but as a player who's barely starting the 3-4 transition (my highest 4 is probably four covers on IW), I'm not sure whether I should keep them and make my progression more difficult in the short run.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    JackTenrec wrote:
    It's not like I've gotten a lot of LTs since the feature was introduced -- maybe a dozen at most, but after finally scraping the ISO together to champion a couple of 3*, I pulled both OML black and Phoenix red. I have the HP to roster both right now, but as a player who's barely starting the 3-4 transition (my highest 4 is probably four covers on IW), I'm not sure whether I should keep them and make my progression more difficult in the short run.
    If you have championed 3*s, a couple of base level 5*s shouldn't throw off your scaling too badly.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    back to back Quill covers.....and one was yellow, the ONLY 4* cover i have maxxed, so i had to sell my first 4*....yuck
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Yesterday a legendary token gave me my 13th icon_elektra.png cover. She became my first fully covered star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png.

Got my next legendary token this morning. Inevitably, it was another cover of icon_elektra.png. icon_rolleyes.gif

Meanwhile, the rest of my star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngs languish at 9 covers or less, in some of the worst color configurations.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    I get that lots of people have yet to draw any 5*s from legendary tokens, so please bare with me...

I pulled 2 Phoenix covers within 3 days of each other. Needless to say I was ecstatic until I checked out that my 2 purple covers would allow her to improve a friendly tile by 100ish... on a match 5...

Meanwhile my Falcon improves friendlies by like ~70 on a match 3 yellow....

So my scaling goes up and I got a sweet paperweight.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Free Squirrel Day token! Hooray!
    Gold! Hooray!
    6th icon_humantorch.pngblackflag.pngicon_e_sad.gif

Oh well, I guess 500 ISO isn't *that* bad.
  • Berserk_Al
    The first of my several Blade Green covers was about to die, so I had to buy the last Purple cover I needed to make him a champ. Spent half of my ISO reserves on maxing him, my other max-covered character, and the rest leveling my other 3stars to their current max.
    Now I have my first two max-leveled and championed 3stars, one of them already with some extra levels.
    Won't open the Legendary it gave me until i roster the 4stars I have in my queue (they die during the weekend).
  • Berserk_Al
    As I rostered my queued 4stars, decided to open a couple of legendary tokens. Pulled Red Hulkbuster (needed), and Blue Spider-Man (BTB).
    Just recently I sold my Silver Surfer, due to the scaling problems. I don't really know if I should roster Spidey, as back then I was soft-capped at 94, but now I have a couple full level 3stars, and some others around 114, with my 2star champions around that level too.
    I really don't know what to do.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled 3 of the 4* covers from the prodigal sun vault. Could only use the first - other two were fully covered and not championed. Yay iso!