have i been placed in a higher bracket?

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
i was starting to score decently in pvp. was able to get past 700 pretty easily. didn't run into maxed 4* teams until after 700-800. made it over 900 a few times.

recently, (the last 2-3 events) i run into maxed 4* teams after 450-500. and i'm topping out at 550-650 before i either run out of health packs or hit the 4* wall.

is there a roster level based mechanic that determines how hard a bracket you get put in?

Comments

• chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I found the offseason events to be a blood bath hitting maxed teams after seed teams so maybe something is being tested?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    What you're talking about has nothing to do with a bracket. What you are refering to is matchmaking and\or how busy the slice you are in is at the time that you are playing.

Also, I doubt previous scores determine who you will be matched against in future PvPs. Unless you have recently increased alot of levels in a bunch of characters you can cough it up to off season and a dry time slice.

Wait and see how the next two season pvps go for you.
  • Do the story events affect your matchmaking in pvp because I recently finished the story event before Unstable Iso and ever since then I'm noticing that I'm facing max 3* teams when I'm only a max 2* star team.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pvp matchmaking seems to have been "tweaked" again with the most recent patch. You hit the 4* wall very early, deluge of attacks barely at 400... Something is very wrong at the moment.
  • For blind justice I went from dealing with brackets where 1k wins to a bracket with 5 people over 2400. I hit 800 and I'm barely around t100. My roster moved up to everyone at 130 and I'm getting smacked by championed 5 stars.
  • I imagine the champion levels threw whatever current matchmaking system they had out of whack.