New MPQ Account on old iPhone - w/o deleting my current acc.

awarnica
awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
I upgraded my iPhone and used the FB backup to transfer my account to my new phone.

I gave my old iPhone to my son, and he wants to play mpq. However, whenever he loads it up, he gets my account, not a new one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled mpq, and the old iPhone currently does not even have FB installed, and it still holds my old account.

D3 suggested a do a factory reset on the old iPhone - which he doesn't really want to do. He just wants to play mpq on a new account. He is 8 so doesn't have facebook - so linking to a different account will be a pain (but I would try if I thought it would work.). D3 said that iOs holds data after an uninstall that cannot be cleared.

If anyone has been able to do this, instructions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    awarnica wrote:
    I upgraded my iPhone and used the FB backup to transfer my account to my new phone.

I gave my old iPhone to my son, and he wants to play mpq. However, whenever he loads it up, he gets my account, not a new one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled mpq, and the old iPhone currently does not even have FB installed, and it still holds my old account.

D3 suggested a do a factory reset on the old iPhone - which he doesn't really want to do. He just wants to play mpq on a new account. He is 8 so doesn't have facebook - so linking to a different account will be a pain (but I would try if I thought it would work.). D3 said that iOs holds data after an uninstall that cannot be cleared.

If anyone has been able to do this, instructions would be appreciated.

If you stored your FB login info on the old device, it will auto-login, even without the app present (ie: using the browser, or under accounts), make sure to wipe all cookies as well.

uninstall MPQ, remove all stored FB info from all apps, restart, re-install.
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    OK here is what I did.

Old iPhone is not linked to FB (FB not installed, nor is it linked to an account in the settings).
    Installed mpq. when it loads, it asks to log into facebook. I log into my wife's facebook (no mpq link), and the app just cycles between safari saying I'm logged in, and mpq which spins and sends me back to safari and facebook. This cycle is endless.

Uninstall mpq. Log out of FB in safari.

Reinstall mpq. when it loads, it says 'conneting to facebook', and I press cancel. Game loads up, but loads my account, not a fresh account.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why doesn't he want to do a factory reset? Maybe the consequences he's trying to avoid can be mitigated?