Fear and Loathing in MPQ (Epic Save Fail!)

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
When the new and cheaper Classic Legendary Packs rolled out today, I decided that since I had a nice little pile of LTs and only one SS, I should blow my command points stash on the Classic Packs, and opened 17 LTs with the Command Points.

Got a pile of iso as usual - cover-maxed 4*s that I have no iso for (4thor, PX, HB, Thingthingthingy), then a few usable 4*s (Cho, Miles, X23), a very exciting Iceman Blue (my 4th!), and 2 5*s!!!(OML/Phoenix). Happily, I played with them a bit, took screencaps to show them off, put the game down.

At some point, the app froze and I had to force-close it. As this happens often enough that my phone keeps trying to convince me to uninstall MPQ, I thought nothing of it... until I noticed Bobby was back to 3 blue... OML and Phoenix sadly missing covers... my cp back to 346... icon_e_surprised.gif

I have submitted a pitifully whiny request to CS to save me with the relevant screencap (less cp, more covers), but based on past experience with similar issues, I'm expecting to get a response along the lines of "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" at least twice over the next week or until I give up in despair.

Tell me, wise MPQ sages, what will happen next?

1. CS will ask "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
2. I get impatient and reroll the tokens! For grate justice!
3. I get sandboxed for rerolling tokens.
4. I reroll the tokens, get 4 IW, 4 Fantastic, 4 Elektra and 5 more HB to add to my 2nd duplicate HB (3rd overall) and then get sandboxed for rerolling tokens.
5. All of the above, and then CS rolls back my roster to when my best characters were 2* Wolvie/OBW/loaner.
6. SOME GRATER ELDRITCH HORROR that my tinykitty mind cannot envision, which you will tell me at great length.

Or you can be hopeful and reassuring or something crazy like that. icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I hope they fix it - though my experience of the customer service has been overwhelmingly negative
  • A similar issue happened to me in the past (though on a smaller scale) and it took ages of back and forthing because I didn't have a screen cap (though even then they eventually gave it to me). The fact you took the pictures means you shouldn't have any problem at all.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    You will be asked to uninstall the app and reinstall. After playing through the 15 tutorial mission that can't be skipped customer support will ask you to be sure you have cleared your cache and will then say "Sorry old boy but these thing happen, have another Legendary Token and hope for the best" then sandbox you for re-rolling that many LT's. When you then contact customer support and stating all your issues a second time you will only be allowed back into genpop if you have made a significant financial donation.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    You will be asked to uninstall the app and reinstall. After playing through the 15 tutorial mission that can't be skipped customer support will ask you to be sure you have cleared your cache and will then say "Sorry old boy but these thing happen, have another Legendary Token and hope for the best" then sandbox you for re-rolling that many LT's. When you then contact customer support and stating all your issues a second time you will only be allowed back into genpop if you have made a significant financial donation.

was thinking the same thing....dudes going to be sandbox for no fault of his own.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    *hushed tones*
    Gather close by the fire my friends, whilst I tell thee a tale of caution and madness.
    You may have heard the name whispered in the wind, the name Dr tinykittylove, a name many fear to mention for risk of awakening the Elder Gods, a name even I cannot bring myself to say twice, but let it be known that the tales are true, and his fall into madness started on the path of the righteous. Technology failed him, not long after RNGesus (praise be his name) and bestowed His bounty upon His lowly acolyte. The Crash of the Phone did strip him of His gifts, and mockingly sent him back down the Serpent of Time.
    In his distress, he cried out in prayer to the Priesthood of RNGesus (praise be his name), but His favour is fickle and fleeting, and there was nothing to be done.
    In desperation he cried higher, reaching the Red Bishops of RNGesus (praise be his name), but alas, they could not aid him in his hour of need.
    With no-one else to turn to, he threw himself once more at the mercy of RNGesus (praise be his name), but he is a cruel tyrant, amd his bounty had withered from ripe to foul, releasing 17 Yellow IW covers into his embrace.
    He was never heard from again. Some say he destroyed his phone in a fit of rage. Some say the covers sent him crazed, and he spends his time surrounded by passed walls.
    Me? I fear he slumbers in the Sands of the lost Box, cast out by the priests for daring to defy their words and talk directly to RNGesus (praise be his name), haunting our waking moments like a ghost in mist.

Or mibbies you'll get it all back double quick time...
  • Well, I'm still waiting for my BP card from the Ultron outages after representatives from D3 specifically asked us on the forum to submit tickets if we were affected, sooo...

Yeah, good luck.

DBC
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    After a long, nervous week or so of relatively painless back and forth with CS, I got escalated to a Higher Power who decided to grant me 340 cp.

I'm not sure if the Power was confused on what my issue was or they'd rather give me more chances at getting what I lost than outright covers, but I guess it's a net positive - could be better or worse result than my original pulls, but as long as I can get 2 5*s out of this doubled stockpile it's a gain in iso if nothing else.

So far I've opened the original 17 Classics and got 1 SS, but more usable 4*s than before. Will open the remaining 17 tonight and hope...