Character's that produce colors

Is there a character that produces red like SW produces purple?

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    3* Captain Marvel has a passive black ability that produces red (and bk at 5th cover) upon taking certain amount of damage.

3* Cyclops has a yellow ability that turn TU tiles into red.

4* Hulkbuster's black sacrifices some health to generate red.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Add modern mags who produces random red with polarity shift
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    KNEW I forgot someone! DOH! icon_redface.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'like SW produces purple' - are you referring to a passive ability or to converting tile colours?
    puppychow wrote:
    3* Captain Marvel has a passive black ability that produces red (and bk at 5th cover) upon taking certain amount of damage.

There's no-one who is exactly like SW, but these two are the closest. Captain Marvel has a passive, and Cyclops converts tiles on the board.

Ideally, generating AP directly to your pool is better than converting tiles on the board (if you can't collect all the tiles, then you run the risk that your opponent will match them instead).

Also, Miles Morales & 4* Cyclops can both generate Red, but require a little bit of work - or the right team strongest colour - to get going.
  • Trying to build a team to rival SW LC IF
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    I'm surprised Scarlet Witch has remained the only character with that specific method of generating ap. Although I think it would be better used for other colours, red is a dangerous colour to be flooding the board passively.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    PX's mastermind can produce red if there is 5 match and your teams strongest color is red.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I've written a little guide to characters that produce various types of AP, which may or may not be helpful to you:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30600

As mentioned, there's no one who does exactly what SW does, but there are a few red accelerators out there.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Rulk has an active ability that produces green. 7 purple to deplete opponent green and generate 7 green AP.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    I'm surprised Scarlet Witch has remained the only character with that specific method of generating ap. Although I think it would be better used for other colours, red is a dangerous colour to be flooding the board passively.

Mechanically, it's such a great blue ability. Generating Purple specifically is a little unusual, but it'll suffice.

I think an ability that was mechanically the same (passively generate a countdown tile which converts adjacent tiles) that charged adjacent tiles would be very interesting. The countdown expiring is less likely to result in a big cascade, but would create the potential for huge AP gains.
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    Mawtful wrote:
    Mechanically, it's such a great blue ability. Generating Purple specifically is a little unusual, but it'll suffice.

I think an ability that was mechanically the same (passively generate a countdown tile which converts adjacent tiles) that charged adjacent tiles would be very interesting. The countdown expiring is less likely to result in a big cascade, but would create the potential for huge AP gains.

hmm interesting. They definitely could use more characters that make use of charged tile mechanics.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow everyone completely forgot the greatest Red AP producer of them all! Iron Man (Model 40)! Hello! He pumps my Captain American's red monster
  • puppychow wrote:

4* Hulkbuster's black sacrifices some health to generate red.
    IMHB's blue also turns green tiles into red tiles.
  • leeleeshine
    leeleeshine Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Wow everyone completely forgot the greatest Red AP producer of them all! Iron Man (Model 40)! Hello! He pumps my Captain American's red monster

soliddick.png
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    fattyt wrote:
    Trying to build a team to rival SW LC IF

If you are looking for a team that rivals SW/LC/IF (P.S. You can put cyclops in there instead of LC and be just as scary offensively and better defensively) from an offensive standpoint, I would suggest the following:

3*Capt. Marvel / 3* Cyc / Daredevil

Make sure that Capt. Marvel is at least tied for highest level of those players. She will tank and give you red to feed DD and black to feed Cyc. Cyc can use yellow to flood the board with Red. Capt. Marvel is tanking lots of colors.

Put a few traps out then use Cyc yellow. DD will be busy kicking people in the face for a while.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Black Vortex, my Capt. Marvel feeding red to 4Thor has been very useful. I think Marvel has always been a bit underrated.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    In Black Vortex, my Capt. Marvel feeding red to 4Thor has been very useful. I think Marvel has always been a bit underrated.

She's great offensively but defensively, you just save her for last with a one shot kill. Her red is so weak and you can deny black which makes her useless. I use for PVE quite often.
  • Is there a list of the best builds (covers) for each character? I have a bunch of unused covers and I'm not sure if I should scale back on some to replace what I have in my Roster. ie DD 445 or 544... Does that make sense?
  • Mainly level 3 and I have a couple at 166. How do I toggle for free?
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    hulk buster blue also converts green tiles to red along with mentioned black ability

Thor Goddess super-charges red-blue-yellow tiles that can also randomly increase red intake