morale support regarding cp odds

Cunneryn
Cunneryn Posts: 112
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone,

As has been discussed in detail over abd over again the cp nodes can be grinded down to zero whitout even being able to get to elysive command points.

My aim is to to complain about the system but to seek morale support from other highly unlucky players that never get cp points. My own record? A whole event in which i was unable to ontain not even one command point (even after more than 4 triez in each of the nodes). Have any other been in the same situation as me or i am the unluckiest player in regard to those damn point. If so feel free to state your personnal experience so that us cp losers know that we are not alone

And the worst part? Seing everyone complain about not getting 1 cp... it frustrates me more than anything because they dont understand that they are actually lucky to get some most cp. As for me 1 or 2 cp per event is all i can do (i sometime try up to 10 times the nodes whitout any more luck).

Comments

• Let's see... typically 4 different (non-20iso) prizes per node, right? 100% chance to get one prize after the first fight, 50% subsequently. 24 hour subs can be optimally cleared about 3 cycles. Takes... 8 fights (?) to get a node down to 1 point from full?

So that's 11 total fights clearing optimally before you're down to 1 iso. First prize is guaranteed. Let's say that you get the 1cp prize last. That's 10 tries for 3 prizes at 50% odds per fight.

Back of the envelope, but the math works out to be a little more than 5% that won't get all the prizes after a total of 11 fights: 4.4% that only get 3 prizes, .997% who get only 2, and 0.098% who get only 1.

So that's, what? 1/4*4.4% + 1/2*.997%+3/4*.098% = about 1.6% of people will not get the cp reward after 11 node clears.

Math!
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Cunneryn wrote:
    Hello everyone,

As has been discussed in detail over abd over again the cp nodes can be grinded down to zero whitout even being able to get to elysive command points.

My aim is to to complain about the system but to seek morale support from other highly unlucky players that never get cp points. My own record? A whole event in which i was unable to ontain not even one command point (even after more than 4 triez in each of the nodes). Have any other been in the same situation as me or i am the unluckiest player in regard to those damn point. If so feel free to state your personnal experience so that us cp losers know that we are not alone

And the worst part? Seing everyone complain about not getting 1 cp... it frustrates me more than anything because they dont understand that they are actually lucky to get some most cp. As for me 1 or 2 cp per event is all i can do (i sometime try up to 10 times the nodes whitout any more luck).

If it makes you feel better, I've seen plenty of screenshots in alliance chat of node ground down to 1 or 0 points with the cp still available. Every time it seems to be the same one member having poor luck with the cp node, so you're not alone, at least.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Befoore I stopped grinding for CP (i recommend this) I got a node down to 1 and the only prize I saw was crit boost, didn't even get the iso prizes either