Beginning characters to use

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Wondering who the best characters are to start with. I have ironman storm bw and hawkeye all one stars. Curious if I should use three of them or pair with thor who I just got a second comic for? All are around level 10-15. Any idea how long I should wait to use 2 star characters? Thanks for any input

Comments

• Thor won't be useful until you can level him up to around level 50, so Bench him until then.

M Storm and MBW are probably your most useful 1*, pair them with along with Ironman/Juggernaut.

Build M Storm as 5 green / 5 red / 5 black. Build ironman as 5 red / 5 yellow / 3 blue.

Classic Hawkeye will become pretty useless, so i'd focus on him last. He mostly is used for removing enemy countdown tiles with his Crit and Row destruction, so you don't really need to level him to be useful anyway, maybe a few levels just for some HP if you find you are using him.

Yelena is REALLY useless, so don't bother with her.

Venom is okay to sub in, but only build him 5 black / 4 purple.

Also, ONLY spend your hero points on Roster slots, you will need LOTS of them. I have 33 right now and will be getting 2 more soon.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    UNDERDOG88 wrote:
    Wondering who the best characters are to start with. I have ironman storm bw and hawkeye all one stars. Curious if I should use three of them or pair with thor who I just got a second comic for? All are around level 10-15. Any idea how long I should wait to use 2 star characters? Thanks for any input

The point of 1* characters are to help you finish the prologue and get a bunch of 2* covers. You should use 2* characters once your team is strong enough to consistently place in tournaments and get 2* covers as prizes. I think my 1* team was all at about level 30 before I made the transition so that would be a good level to aim for your IM35/Storm/BW. The best sustained 1* team is IM35/M. Storm/BW so focus on those characters. Juggernaut is definitely better than IM35 in terms of being scary for PvP, but his headbutt makes him lose hp which is bad for playing as much as possible. M. Storm then IM35 then BW in terms of power level, so focus more iso into M. Storm and IM35. Replace IM35 with Thor once you get enough covers for Thor to level him up past 50ish.
  • UNDERDOG88 wrote:

The point of 1* characters are to help you finish the prologue and get a bunch of 2* covers. You should use 2* characters once your team is strong enough to consistently place in tournaments and get 2* covers as prizes. I think my 1* team was all at about level 30 before I made the transition so that would be a good level to aim for your IM35/Storm/BW. The best sustained 1* team is IM35/M. Storm/BW so focus on those characters. Juggernaut is definitely better than IM35 in terms of being scary for PvP, but his headbutt makes him lose hp which is bad for playing as much as possible. M. Storm then IM35 then BW in terms of power level, so focus more iso into M. Storm and IM35. Replace IM35 with Thor once you get enough covers for Thor to level him up past 50ish.

Good advice.

One good thing about jugg is that if you max out Jugg's covers and level(40), he helped alot early on to push through harder prologue missions. He's terrible for marathon play, as NortherPolarity pointed out.
  • Awesome thx guys for the advice. I only have nine slots but have a bunch of characters. Expensive now to get spots.