Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Screenshot_2016_01_14_23_32_13.png

Thnx D3go! <3
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech Posts: 63 Match Maker
    simonsez wrote:
    How about telling us exactly who is eligible for this and why? Is this another case where people are buying their way into special treatment from customer service?

My request was denied for breaking up duplicates. (Most of which are lvl 40 5-cover characters that I thought were useful as team-ups: GSBW Purple, Cap Blue, DD Blue, Doom Blue, Mystique Blue, Cyc Yellow, etc.)

I have had these long before the change was announced, but was still met with: "Unfortunately, upon review of your account, you do not meet the eligibility requirements to have your duplicate Characters converted to Comic Covers. As such, we will be unable to grant your request. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience, but are unable to provide the service requested."

No explanation of what the eligibility requirements are, so why was I denied? Is it because I didn't have 13 covers? And if so, why does that matter? Answers would be nice. I did follow up (still waiting on a response) asking what the eligibility requirements are, but I don't know if I'll get a response.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    but if some people are getting deconstructed characters, it seems than ALL people should get them. Or at least there should be some black-line criterion for who gets them, i.e. "anyone who put a cover into a duplicate character in the last month" or something like that.

Plus 100 to this quote!

I got denied for my request to deconstruct. I have a variety of dupes from a 5 month old fully leveled 166 down to a week old 2 cover HB.

All I want is a clear explanation of what characters qualify for deconstruction and which characters dont!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Thnx D3go! <3
    If Dave is unable or unwilling to explain the eligibility requirements behind these apparently arbitrary decisions, it inspires no confidence at all that this is being handled fairly.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Thnx D3go! <3
    If Dave is unable or unwilling to explain the eligibility requirements behind these apparently arbitrary decisions, it inspires no confidence at all that this is being handled fairly.
    J5u_x4.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    Buret0 wrote:
    Yeah, I sold my 269 JG and 270 4Pool duplicates for 98K ISO instead of the 720K ISO I put in, which is why I was upset in the "should I now sell my useless duplicates" thread that there wasn't going to be any increased sell prices for existing duplicates. I'll be fine with getting the 26 covers and the 98K ISO. I'll be a little upset if some people were getting both and others were not.

Especially if I'm one of the ones who gets screwed. icon_e_smile.gif

i'd try to do what aes suggested and do a help ticket; however, fwiw, in my foray into dupe deconstruction myself the person assisting me gave me a standard line: "Additionally, we cannot convert any characters that have already been ascended to a Champion level or has been recently sold before contacting us." so hopefully your inquiry -- if you make one -- won't be met on deaf ears.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    My replies from CS normally contain this line:

"If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you."

There can't be much pleasure in the job as I can't remember the last time they did help me.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Answers would be nice. I did follow up (still waiting on a response) asking what the eligibility requirements are, but I don't know if I'll get a response.

This just got even more interesting. Here is the response to my request for additional information:

Unfortunately, we are unable explain what the requirements are for this service. Each ticket is handled on a case by case basis and a decision in one instance may not reflect the decision in another instance. We apologize for any inconveniences caused by this decision.

Let's hope my second request gets me a more customer-friendly representative.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Screenshot_2016_01_16_07_24_42.png
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Customer service has apparently adopted RNGesus.

Now its just pure luck as to whether CS will bother to help you or not. I've never seen a situation where, "We won't tell you the criteria for being helped. Its arbitrary and at our whim whether or not you get helped.

Of course, if your a whale, then we'll grant your wish, but just remember to keep spending, otherwise we reserve the right to ignore you like the dirty pleb that you actually are.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Unfortunately, we are unable explain what the requirements are for this service.
    I'm not sure if they really mean "unable" or "unwilling". Neither would surprise me.
  • mmrosek
    mmrosek Posts: 40
    Someone in my alliance just got told they don't qualify and was given no reason. Basically just wanted to bump this thread, because although I wasn't personally impacted, this pisses me off more than the lack of in-game communication about the hp/cp change. I've only got a few straws left.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Let's hope my second request gets me a more customer-friendly representative.

Nope, denied again. Well, at least for my account, they're consistent. Not sure what they're being consistent about, because they still have yet to give me an explanation, but consistency nonetheless.

Here goes request number three!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I got my level 78 5/5/3 KK broken down and my level 70 5/5/3 IMHB broken down.

Customer service asked me to reply with how my experience was and I don't know how to answer. Once I initiated the CS experience, I was told that, based on information never made available to the public, I wouldn't be credited for my 13 JG and 4Pools that I had sold the day before contacting CS.

I'm happy they did something, but to be honest, I use 4Pool and JG almost every day. Both have already been championed and I would have been able to use them immediately.

My KK covers came hours after her event expired. I almost never use IMHB and I still need to get him from level 240 to level 270 before those covers expire or I'll be forced to sell them for ISO. This, at the same time where I have three 4Clops covers also waiting to be championed from the last PvE and I still have 60 levels to go on 4Clops.

If someone in authority had just gotten out in front of this issue when we addressed it in the forums we could have all had the answers about how the duplicate deconstruction program would work. The fact that CS isn't going to do anything for me because I didn't follow the procedure that CS never laid out anywhere is kind of garbage.

So how do I rate my CS experience with the rep who I worked with? They were professional, explained the procedures they were working under very well, told me what they could do and what they couldn't, and they followed through on what they promised to do. That part I'm very happy with.

The part where the people in charge screwed up? Pretty pissed off.
  • PriceCzech
    After being denied again (second attempt), the response to what the eligibility requirements are:
    We apologize for any inconvenience, however we are unable to discuss the eligibility requirements of this service, as it is against our policy.

You're right, D3, it is against your policy to discuss pretty much anything with your customer base.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Here goes request number three!
    Request three was handled very promptly. Same as before.
    Unfortunately, upon review of your account, you do not meet the eligibility requirements to have your duplicate Characters converted to Comic Covers. As such, we will be unable to grant your request. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience, but are unable to provide the service requested.
    Here goes request four.
  • PriceCzech
    PriceCzech wrote:
    Here goes request four.

I think they got mad at me.
    We have provided you with the correct information regarding your eligibility status for the duplicate breakdown service on multiple occasions, and apologize that you find our answers unsatisfactory. However, your repeated submission of this same issue only serves to slow down the ticketing process for other players.

Moving forward, we will no longer respond to your tickets that pertain to this same issue, but would be happy to help you if any other issues arise.
    Looks like I need to change my tactic up a little bit.
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    I got my HB, Iceman, and OBW covers converted. Based on what I skimmed, do you guys think maybe one possible criteria depends on what rarity of the covers being requested is?

Purchased $60 lifetime but as others said, unlikely to be a reason.
  • PriceCzech
    Based on what I skimmed, do you guys think maybe one possible criteria depends on what rarity of the covers being requested is?
    Unlikely, as apparently my account is ineligible. I would think that if it was my request, I could modify it and it would go through.

It makes me wonder what other services I am being denied because of some status that nobody will tell us about.