I have money but now no reason to spend it

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
first off this is NOT a troll post but something i would really like info on.

I like supporting the game and figure i will give this game anywhere from 50 to 100 a year . i know its not much but its something. If i found a 4 star that i loved and i was able to place high to get the first covers i could see buying the rest of the covers just to max them, but now everything has changed.

if im missing something please someone correct me. The only thing now to spend HP on are

SLOTS
COVERS
Sheilds

why none work for me

Sheilds- i only start pvp in the last 90 mins of the event so i never use sheilds

Covers- i have all of my 2 stars and 3 stars max cover (cover wise ) I dont have them up to 166 so i cant add levels to them and the ISO is still too low to sell covers for

Slots-- if you play somewhat you will never have problems with slots if they keep at the max of 2 people coming out per month. Take top 50 in PVP and hit all HP progression will give you 150 per event + 50 from allaince = 200 per event or 600 per week or 2400 per month what will cover the cost of all the new people coming out.

even if you hit 100 per event + 25 per alliance = 125 or 375 = 1500 you should be able to pick up the other 500 easy in PVE or Daily

ISO-- now i would buy ISO but they need to jack up the ISO amounts by at least 5 to 10x to really buy it.i mean 100 bucks for 80K would not even take a single 3 star to max

Again this is not a troll topic so dont say it is. BUT how the game is set up now how do i give this game cash when there is nothing for me to buy?

Ways to fix it i can see
1.. Like i said take the ISO in the store at least 10x where it is now
2... Sell CP
3. Make pay to play events where you get better prizes and everyone gets something

well i was just wondering and saying i got at least a 50 sitting here if i knew of something to buy.

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2016
    It's worse than you thought.....as of late yesterday you can no longer spend HP on covers.

Many of us are in a similar situation, sitting on HP stashes that are only good for tokens, roster slots, and shields....and +all boosts and health packs (people don't actually spend HP on these do they???)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Token/Vault Packs
    Health Packs

With championing, token packs are finally worth buying again! You get iso, more tokens, CP, more HP etc, from championing.
  • slidecage
    Malcrof wrote:
    Token/Vault Packs
    Health Packs

With championing, token packs are finally worth buying again! You get iso, more tokens, CP, more HP etc, from championing.

thanks never thought about health packs so there is something small i could buy.

Token/vault packs: i could see if you had 166 levels but with not having them and how low the ISO value is i cant see buying them. Now if they jack up the ISO or once i get my people up to 166 i could see buying them but its just a major hold until then.

Maybe this will be like the daily thing, where it takes me 6 to 8 months before i can really enjoy the new features icon_e_smile.gif then i will be able to spend again.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's worse than you thought.....as of late yesterday you can no longer spend HP on covers.
    I just assumed he meant "cover packs". I could see myself spending HP for a cover pack if they bring out a small vault that has a lot I need, like the Naughty or Nice, but not regular cover packs.
    You can also buy the +all boosts for HP instead of ISO
  • Malcrof
    slidecage wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Token/Vault Packs
    Health Packs

thanks never thought about health packs so there is something small i could buy.

Token/vault packs: i could see if you had 166 levels but with not having them and how low the ISO value is i cant see buying them. Now if they jack up the ISO or once i get my people up to 166 i could see buying them but its just a major hold until then.

Maybe this will be like the daily thing, where it takes me 6 to 8 months before i can really enjoy the new features icon_e_smile.gif then i will be able to spend again.

A DDQ vault 40 pack is 7k HP (cheaper by far than any other) and you can get monstrous amounts of ISO, and Health Packs, as well as 2* covers to champion with for more ISO, CP, Tokens, Hero Points, etc..
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Token/Vault Packs
    Health Packs

Disagree. Most of what you get will be 2* covers, and even with championing their usefulness is limited.

I think the best use of HP for people with large amounts is to wait until a new 4* gets one of those 80 cover vaults with like 4 or 5 covers for the new character in it. I want to say it was 7k for 40 covers? and 400 to reset? So for 14k you get 4 guaranteed covers, then I think you can reset for 400? Another 28k and a couple resets to get the right ones and you have a maxed brand new character purchased with HP.
  • slidecage
    Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Token/Vault Packs
    Health Packs

A DDQ vault 40 pack is 7k HP (cheaper by far than any other) and you can get monstrous amounts of ISO, and Health Packs, as well as 2* covers to champion with for more ISO, CP, Tokens, Hero Points, etc..

again thanks for the info ..i never even though of the Daily vault to buy out of was just thinking the other packs. That is a good thing.

also never thought about it but after you said this vault. When they have special vault i could see Buying so you could buy everything in the vault.... Okay D3 now we need the special vaults to come up alot (where there is like 80 items in the vault)

so there are somethings to spend cash on but now you just have to wait for them icon_e_smile.gif

i could easy see buying an entire 80 item vault for 14k if it had at least a LT token. 2 4 stars i needed and at least 5 or so 3 stars i needed to get levels
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Ahh that's sad.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I an in the same boat.

Not to mention the 26,000 HP that's literally going to just collect dust, now.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The simple question is "Why didn't you use your money/HP to buy 4* covers before the change ended, if HP has no other utility for you"

Yeah, there's not a lot in current state to use HP on. Shielding for more PvP rewards and tokens is your outlet.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Token/Vault Packs
    Health Packs

How are you not sitting on a stockpile of 4M ISO by now? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    To all those complaning about sitting on huge stashes of HP:

I have only 1700 HP left. Roster slots cost 950, soon to be 1000. So yea...quit whining.

The players complaining about the huge HP stashes has to do with the fact that they spent money to purchase HP during the Holiday Sale because they planned to buy 4* covers when they pulled the characters/covers they needed. Now buying covers is taken away a mere few weeks after the sale.

If I didn't pull my much needed JG Blue, I would also be very angry because she was the reason I bought the HP in the first place.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can also buy boosts. Whether you should is a personal decision.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course it's a troll topic. The fact that you have to deny that it is multiple times makes that point glaringly obvious.

Your problem is that you want to give the developers money for providing you with the game and entertainment, but the things they are offering just aren't good enough for you, even though, being the awesomely philanthropic individual you are, you are only really making the purchase to pay them back for supplying you with the game.

Look at me, I'm a wonderful person who respects the Devs efforts and am grateful for everything, but just not grateful enough to give them money unless there is an extra reward in it for me. But I need everyone to know how awesome I am despite the fact that I'm not actually going to reward the devs because there aren't enough extra shinies in it for me.

Either you recognise you have gotten value and throw some money their way, or you don't. Beating your chest about how they deserve money but you can't give it to them because they aren't giving you extra stuff isn't noble, it's pathetic.

But the good compromise is posting about it on a forum. Because that way you can feel you have contributed without, you know, actually contributing. Cause it's your money and the devs fault, but now you've cleared your conscience and nobody will call you on it because you pointed out that you weren't trolling.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Of course it's a troll topic. The fact that you have to deny that it is multiple times makes that point glaringly obvious.

Your problem is that you want to give the developers money for providing you with the game and entertainment, but the things they are offering just aren't good enough for you, even though, being the awesomely philanthropic individual you are, you are only really making the purchase to pay them back for supplying you with the game.

Look at me, I'm a wonderful person who respects the Devs efforts and am grateful for everything, but just not grateful enough to give them money unless there is an extra reward in it for me. But I need everyone to know how awesome I am despite the fact that I'm not actually going to reward the devs because there aren't enough extra shinies in it for me.

Either you recognise you have gotten value and throw some money their way, or you don't. Beating your chest about how they deserve money but you can't give it to them because they aren't giving you extra stuff isn't noble, it's pathetic.

But the good compromise is posting about it on a forum. Because that way you can feel you have contributed without, you know, actually contributing. Cause it's your money and the devs fault, but now you've cleared your conscience and nobody will call you on it because you pointed out that you weren't trolling.

What you are suggesting, sounds like you think D3 is running a for donation revenue model only.

Thats not the case at all. They are in the business of providing value for its customers to earn revenue. OP is suggesting theirs little value to extract from expenditures right now in his opinion. Its not an unvalid claim, from the developers perspective.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree that extra HP could be spent on those Heroic 40 packs. With championing, it would be a great boost for some of them.

But that is only a short-term solution to the problem of what to do with extra HP. Eventually (and sooner than we'd think), our 2*s are going to be up to the 144 max. And there are a finite amount of 2's. I championed 8 of my 14 total 2*s. I have no intention of pumping precious ISO into the remaining 6.

Of my 3's, I've championed 18 of them (and will champ IF once I get another one of his covers). And I have no desire to level up any of the remaining threes (and I have all of those optimally covered). All available Iso will now go into leveling and eventually championing 4*s.

The problem remains that there is a distinct possibility that with one 40-pack, that I could get all 2's (not counting the LT).

I think a great solution to the HP problem is to create two tiers of heroics. Ones that grant 2*s and better, and one that grants 3*s and better. This would suit rookie, as well as veteran players. They paved the way with this with the Legendary Token (and now the classic/latest sets).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    I think a great solution to the HP problem is to create two tiers of heroics. Ones that grant 2*s and better, and one that grants 3*s and better. This would suit rookie, as well as veteran players.
    Definitely time for a new token type. It silly for a season award 10 pack to be a bucket of Moonstones. Something you work for 4 weeks to attain should have some real value to it.
  • slidecage
    Eddiemon wrote:

whatever think what you want to think. Like the mod posted they showed me a few things i did not think about (like daily. and vaults and stuff like that) So once i do get a vault i could use i could see spending the cash to out it.

point way i wanted to give them cash but with the limited amount of items to buy its really was not worth it. But if i get a vault i need i will be happy so its just a wait for the vault.
  • Malcrof
    Please keep the conversation civil and constructive. Thanks
  • simonsez wrote:
    pheregas wrote:
    I think a great solution to the HP problem is to create two tiers of heroics. Ones that grant 2*s and better, and one that grants 3*s and better. This would suit rookie, as well as veteran players.
    Definitely time for a new token type. It silly for a season award 10 pack to be a bucket of Moonstones. Something you work for 4 weeks to attain should have some real value to it.
    Especially considering that NO ONE who works for those 4 weeks and places high enough to earn those 10-packs needs a single 2* cover.