Please devs:don't create another 5 until next June!(or more)

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
After having three 5s for a while it is the turn of a new 5 and a new type of token to compensate for having 4 5s now. Ok, one new 5, I guess I can't cope with that, but please oh please, don't create another one until at least june (or even better if it is september)

It is VERY HARD for a normal player to win covers for these chars (it is VERY HARD even for super whales), and everytime you add a new 5 the pool gets diluted, so much that you had to create another type of Legendary token. But even with that, now if I want to max my currently more covered 5, in my case SS, I will only be able to do it with CPs. IF you create ANOTHER 5, then the same problem will apply to max second most covered char, OML, and so on and so on.

The change is so big that probably now, OML will (If I dont get another 50 token streak of no 5s) be covered before my SS (!!!)

I think we all agree we don't need more 5s. I am sure 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999% of your players don't even have ONE 5 max covered, so it is obvious we don't need any more 5 for now.

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nah, we'll be just about on the verge of two 5*'s a month by June. Don't forget: it's a buyer's game now - you either pony up the cash to pay in the big leagues or deal with RNG.

Making less 5*'s would mean making less money. That's not really a part of their plan.
  • Polares
    Mawtful wrote:
    Nah, we'll be just about on the verge of two 5*'s a month by June. Don't forget: it's a buyer's game now - you either pony up the cash to pay in the big leagues or deal with RNG.

Making less 5*'s would mean making less money. That's not really a part of their plan.

I don't think that is a big revenue for them. Yes, there are a couple of crazy guys that spend 10k to max them, but for most of us, 5 are unreachable as a purchase, so we don't spend money for them.

I think for devs 5s now are probably just 1% of their revenue, or even less.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

Don't forget that if you are caught utilising exploits unless you have paid you won't get any second chances. Best to get buying soon to bank a bit of forgiveness just in case.

When it comes to the randomness of tokens don't forget you're supposed to lose. Also we need many many 5* characters as what the developers intend, and continue to drill in on is that we want players to have a broad mix of characters instead of a Top 3 that is their sole team to play with.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I don't think that is a big revenue for them.
    You must not have seen all the buyers clubs on Line, then.

Of course it's a big revenue for them, why else would they give people who cheated up their rosters another chance, if the potentially lost profits from them wouldn't impact their bottom line significantly?
  • Polares
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    I don't think that is a big revenue for them.
    You must not have seen all the buyers clubs on Line, then.

Of course it's a big revenue for them, why else would they give people who cheated up their rosters another chance, if the potentially lost profits from them wouldn't impact their bottom line significantly?

I think the current changes to HP speak a lot about how important whales really are for this game. Spoiler: Not that much.

I think I read somewhere that whales were like 20-30% of the revenue for these types of game (yes they spend a lot, but they are not that many), and in this game whales bought HP specially to buy 4 covers. Now that this is not possible this income is going to shift to the other players that they just buy 5$ for roster and shields, and probably some whales will just leave.

In any case, devs know if this is true or not (it would be nice If they told us), but if I am right (and If I am worng it woulbe be better for the game too), please don't create more 5s!!!
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Heh, you're being suckered man. Look at the odds. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE 5*'S. Seriously. 5*'s are a happy accident for a lucky few or people who whale out the bejesus, not something you should be actively shooting for.

Now, once there are enough 5*'s in the game, then they will become more prevalent, 4*'s will become like 3*'s, and six stars will become the lucky tier. Its a perpetual system.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    And of course: infinite star Stan Lee (God of Marvel)

I think Stan Lee will just show up as a random team-up during other battles.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    How many months has OML been out? I still don't have him. I either get SS or adult Jean. And now there's another legendary. That fact alone illustrates how messed up this is
  • It's nothing special anymore. Ah, as Surfer came up as 1st, that was magic. That was special. Now it's just another 5* and the list is getting longer.

Nope. Next X Mas a 5* Green Goblin please. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Why are people assuming that the classic pack will only contain 3 5*'s? In the post it says "Classic Legends packs contain all Heroes that have been rotated out of Latest Legends packs." There can be as many 5*'s as they wish to put in there. Chill out.