Cannot receive awards from Facebook friends

I started adding Facebook friends for the game in December and now have more than 200. I have sent several rewards to friends but I have not received any. What could be causing this?

I've changed every FB setting to be as public as possible, entered a user name, etc. Nothing works.

I recently changed my in-game name. To avoid confusion, I deactivated my old FB account and created a new one under my new game name. However, when I send a ticket to D3 about this, it still has my old in-game name on it. That makes me suspect that this is a game problem and not a Facebook problem.

D3 has been no help. They send me a generic, cut-and-paste response that they can't do anything. And then they include a link to tips on maximizing my rewards ... when I can't GET any!

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not saying you don't have a glitch/bug, cause you might but I will say that I don't receive as many FB rewards as I use to and I think the problem is you can only send gifts to 3 FB friends. So if you are in an alliance and everyone exchanges FB info, that's 20 FB friends right there not including everyone else.

I also noticed that I tend to have the same players who NEVER play anymore be on my Gift List, likely as a way to draw them back into playing. So if you are very active, don't expect too many gifts unless you keep adding more and more players.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016
    Thanks. I have noticed that the chance to share a reward doesn't come up as often as it used to. But I don't think that's the problem. I have not received a single one.
    Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?
  • According to a Facebook post that I have just saw someone got in touch with d3go and was told there was an issue and they can't sort it out.

Obviously this is Facebook and I don't know how much truth is in it. I have over 400+ friends and I never get a single gift. Where as some people say they get 20,000 iso a day from gifts.
  • On Facebook, go under Games and Your Games. It will give a number for "number of friends" playing MPQ. Mine is 42, though I have more than 400 FB friends for the game.
    I recently received one reward. The first, and none since.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    On Facebook, go under Games and Your Games. It will give a number for "number of friends" playing MPQ. Mine is 42, though I have more than 400 FB friends for the game.
    I'd love to find the list of people who've played recently so I can clear out idle MPQ friends, but I can't find it. Can anyone post more detailed steps?
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I, too have never received a shared Facebook reward.
    I only have 3 friends on FB who also play MPQ (and are linked) and they don't have a lot of contacts either. When I contacted customer support about this, I also got the explanation that this is apparently a problem with Facebook that they cannot sort out icon_e_sad.gif
  • DayvBang wrote:
    On Facebook, go under Games and Your Games. It will give a number for "number of friends" playing MPQ. Mine is 42, though I have more than 400 FB friends for the game.
    I'd love to find the list of people who've played recently so I can clear out idle MPQ friends, but I can't find it. Can anyone post more detailed steps?

Not sure what you're asking, but here are two possible answers.
    On your Facebook home page, scroll down to "Games" on the left side and click it. Then click "Your Games." Under the window for MPQ, it will say "(x number) of friends play this."
    Because of the glitch, that number is probably much less than your total number of FB friends for the game. I now have more than 700 friends, all exclusively for MPQ, and it says "49 friends play this."
    You can click on your profile page and scroll down to friends. Click on the number for your number of friends, and then click "recently added." I *think* this shows them from most recently added at top to earlier ones further down.
    Another thing: I send friend requests only when viewing FB on my phone through Safari. And I accept friend requests only on my phone. Not on my laptop through Firefox. This seems to have added a few more to the list of "friends who play this."
    But really ... 700+ FB friends, and I'm able to get rewards from only 49. Ridiculous.
    If there is a list of idle FB friends, I don't know where to find it.
  • Miztiq
    Miztiq Posts: 23

Not sure what you're asking, but here are two possible answers.
    On your Facebook home page, scroll down to "Games" on the left side and click it. Then click "Your Games." Under the window for MPQ, it will say "(x number) of friends play this."
    Because of the glitch, that number is probably much less than your total number of FB friends for the game. I now have more than 700 friends, all exclusively for MPQ, and it says "49 friends play this."
    You can click on your profile page and scroll down to friends. Click on the number for your number of friends, and then click "recently added." I *think* this shows them from most recently added at top to earlier ones further down.
    Another thing: I send friend requests only when viewing FB on my phone through Safari. And I accept friend requests only on my phone. Not on my laptop through Firefox. This seems to have added a few more to the list of "friends who play this."
    But really ... 700+ FB friends, and I'm able to get rewards from only 49. Ridiculous.
    If there is a list of idle FB friends, I don't know where to find it.

I just just checked that list (thanks for info) - show "50 friends play" out of 1k. But looking at my list there, most of the people i've been exchanging gifts with are not on it.
    Wondering if that only shows the ppl with the game app set to public on FB, and some other code is behind gift recipient choices - ?

Keeping track of names over the last week i've seen that I keep getting gifts from the same 16 friends, and sending to a completely different list of 16.

Interesting idea about only adding friends via the same device as game is played on; I've added maybe 50-100 via FB on Android, but the rest were on PC. Might try adding more via android and see if any new names start popping up in gifting.