OML - Just my luck

McThunderpants
McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Got 2 OML covers ( blackflag.png & redflag.png ) and in my haste trained both of them. Now I have a 5* that starts to kill himself whenever someone fires a power. Have been forced to use KK with him to try and mitigate the suckitude my new disposable 5* has become (he's now a one and done character until I burn through health packs or wait for regen). Any suggestions how I can rectify without having a yellowflag.png fall in my lap (I'm not holding my breath)?

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    dont fire so many powers. he only loses HP when you fire right? glad my logan has 2 yellows.. though really love to have a black on him. (red sounds awful )
  • McThunderpants
    Unfortunately, once I cobble together enough yellowflag.png & blackflag.png to fire his blackflag.png and pull Logan off the suicide watch list, the other team has too much AP stored up and OML is almost a goner. A five second mistake turns what some could argue the strongest playable character into one of the biggest liabilities. icon_cry.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Red works fine if you have yellow. That damage is healed in two turns and you get free strikes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    He only loses health when X strike tiles are not on the board, Daken and Blade can make strikes fast enough that OML never hurts himself.
  • McThunderpants
    Good thinking. Will try LDaken & Blade. Thanks.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a while, I had oml with just black and red. He was basically useless. But trust me, once I got a yellow, he became a monster.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:
    He only loses health when X strike tiles are not on the board, Daken and Blade can make strikes fast enough that OML never hurts himself.

Or fill up all of the red tiles. CD4W has been effective with all of the ninjas being red. Makes me wish I had more covers in Ice's purple, because that clears the board of red pretty quick too.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    What would you have done instead of your "mistake" of training both covers? Sell one? That would be foolish

He won't be useful until you pull yellow, in the long run its better you didn't sell that cover.
  • "Now I have... that starts to kill..." I laughed that much, what a great moment!!

Depressed Wolvie.... icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif Life is hard...

Okay, my only idea is, keep him behind and pray for yellow hope icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif