Match ending and damage calculation question

Hello,

If the enemy has multiple countdown tiles that are about go off in the same turn, and the first countdown tile goes off and damages me, such that storms passive kicks in and kills the enemy, the remaining countdown tiles still go off even though the entire enemy team is dead.
But if the enemy is almost dead and my rocket and groot, which is below 25% of his health, finish the game with a yellow tile match, he is not healed and the game ends immediately.
And if you are in a survival node and trigger a massive cascade and the enemy team is dead, but the cascade keeps coming, all this extra damage is wasted. Then when the new wave comes they all have full health.
These things do not seem very consistent. At the very least rocket and groot should heal back up with a yellow ending tile match, not?

And i also had a question regarding damage calculation. In this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/KgPJ5tm.jpg
if i match the 3 purple tiles in the bottom right corner. Such that it makes a match four with 2 blacks and 2 critical tiles how much damage will it deal?
as the screenshot shows, black tiles are 41 and crit tile from iron fist is 4.5 (from groot and ares are both 3).
41*4*4.5*4.5? 41*2*4.5*4.5? 41*4*4.5? 41*2*4.5? or anything else? I got no clue how this work and would like to know.

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I believe you add the damage from the two black with the damage from the rest of the row, times 9 (x4.5 twice). There is at least one wrinkle, though. Each match in a cascade has reduced damage from nominal value, so even if that base calculation is correct (especially x9 vs x20.25 (4.5*4.5)), with this being the second match in the cascade, it will be worth less.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    1) I've never seen that. once they die & any cascading is over all their countdowns should disappear regardless of anything else
    2) it used to kick in, but the recent change stopped it. the whole passive abilities & end of match thing
    3) really annoying & needs fixed. after all, if a cascade kills someone and there's other enemies left in the wave it'll replace them & continue on to the next one rather than "beating a dead horse"
    I believe you add the damage from the two black with the damage from the rest of the row, times 9 (x4.5 twice). There is at least one wrinkle, though. Each match in a cascade has reduced damage from nominal value, so even if that base calculation is correct (especially x9 vs x20.25 (4.5*4.5)), with this being the second match in the cascade, it will be worth less.
    I think it's (41 * 4 * 9 + his damage on the rest of the tiles on the row) * .9 or whatever the cascade penalty is for the 2nd match
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    The enemy countdowns should end once the user is downed. Unless it's from a Team-Up like Sentry green.