Not familiar with IW

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I was playing the 4*DPQ today, and I am not sure what exactly happened. Like the title says, I am not familiar with her at all. I have used her occasionally when she was given out as a loaner in a pve. So here is the scenario. QS has placed 3 bubbles on the field. I have IW at 4 green. I have enough green to fire her power. Her power says "shatters the tiles surrounding 3 random Force bubbles. Does not generate AP. Each force bubble deals 762 damage and is unlocked but not destroyed. If there are no Force bubbles, she creates 3 in random locations." So I fire her force field crush and instead of destroying the bubbles that QS blue had created, it forms more bubbles. Is this because QS bubbles are not considered force bubbles? Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• It is kinda unfair in this specific matchup, Quicksilver's locked Team Up tiles are not considered Force Bubbles, but Invisible Woman's bubbles are considered Locked Tiles for Quicksilver's abilities.

So, the best way to pop Quicksilver's tiles is to plant Force Bubbles right next to his, and THEN use Green to detonate them.
  • grunth13 wrote:
    Is this because QS bubbles are not considered force bubbles?

This is it exactly. So far, only hers are the only force bubble in the game. QS's are locked tiles, but not "force bubbles"

Also, you can have more than one of her invisibility tiles out at a time, and as long as at least one remains, you stay invisible.
  • teknofyl wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

This is it exactly. So far, only hers are the only force bubble in the game. QS's are locked tiles, but not "force bubbles"

Also, you can have more than one of her invisibility tiles out at a time, and as long as at least one remains, you stay invisible.

Does Bag-Man's locked tiles count as Force Bubbles? Do Enemy IW's count as Force Bubbles?

Questions that are hard to answer because both of these things ARE pretty rare...
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Thanks, I appreciate the quick responses, luckily I had enough yellow ap to fire off 2 more invisibility tiles on top of the first so that added some protect tiles which cushioned the blow from his next blue match and then I won. But that is very sneaky of them.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:
    teknofyl wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:

Does Bag-Man's locked tiles count as Force Bubbles? Do Enemy IW's count as Force Bubbles?

Questions that are hard to answer because both of these things ARE pretty rare...

Bag-Man tiles - Not Force bubble, but I think would count as locked tiles

Enemy IW - Definitely Force Bubbles
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do yellow asap, and don't do blue/green until you have enough AP to do both in the same turn.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Do yellow asap, and don't do blue/green until you have enough AP to do both in the same turn.

Yeah. I didn't run in to this issue the first time she was up in Crash, but this is definitely an important point. Also, like mentioned, using her force bubble explosion to blow up his locked tiles. Once you are invisible, his blue is the only power that can hit you unless your invisibility tile gets matched.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Just be careful, if your blue is higher than your green (in covers) you create more force bubbles with Blue than you can clear with Green, and they will count towards QS's locked tiles to set off his Blue move.

Some try to save up enough Green to use it twice... but I could barely get enough Green to use it once, QS kept taking all the green on the board, I'd move... he'd get set up for a green. Curses!
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Just be careful, if your blue is higher than your green (in covers) you create more force bubbles with Blue than you can clear with Green, and they will count towards QS's locked tiles to set off his Blue move.

Some try to save up enough Green to use it twice... but I could barely get enough Green to use it once, QS kept taking all the green on the board, I'd move... he'd get set up for a green. Curses!

I have more blue than green, I solved that problem by putting the bubbles next to each other so they would always take each other out when I hit green.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alternately you can place some force bubbles in a matchable position, and then match them away before using crush.