Blessing or curse?

Born2DieNPvP
Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Today I pulled one of all 3 of the 5*'s from LT's gotten by championing. Goodbye manageable scaling. I could sell them but I know as soon as I do I'll pull more and I can't take that kind of frustration. My question is, if this completely makes playing near impossible, can I sell them and my scaling will reset to former levels? Or is it a one and done type of thing?

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    If your scaling goes insane, you can sell them and it should adjust during the next event.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got all 3 and no scaling issues. I just didn't level them (so they are lower than boosted 3* in general for the event... and god forbid you have a 4* above 166 icon_e_wink.gif). I am only starting to level 4* above 200 (have 2 so far). Game is more than manageable.

I would not sell one cover of 5*. They can quickly become a pilar of you play (and will help clear the easy nodes in PVE as they are due to high match damage).
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a 3 cover oml level 270 and a 2 cover surfer and my scaling is normal for my level of play. My roster is a mostly well covered but under levelled 3*
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends onthe covers.. if OML yellow, SS blue, and Phoenix green... keep them.. darn near indestructible in PVE
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Yesterday I recruited my Surfer before it was gone. Will test it during the off season. The rest of my roster is at lv100 at max, and grow one or two levels per day following the level of the highest level 2star champion. If Surfer gives too much trouble, will sell him without doubt, as I need the slot (have two new 4stars in the queue and can't get enough HP to get two new slots before they are gone).
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:
    Got all 3 and no scaling issues. I just didn't level them (so they are lower than boosted 3* in general for the event... and god forbid you have a 4* above 166 icon_e_wink.gif). I am only starting to level 4* above 200 (have 2 so far). Game is more than manageable.

I would not sell one cover of 5*. They can quickly become a pilar of you play (and will help clear the easy nodes in PVE as they are due to high match damage).

How is PvP treating you? I added SS not too long ago and (so far) PvE reminds manageable, but now PvP is all maxed 3* and 4*s.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Short answer is madok's: If your scaling goes insane, you can sell them and it should adjust during the next event.

My advise on what to do with those 5* depends completely on your roster; I would do my best to keep them, but if you do not have at least a good bunch of maxed (I mean "old" maxed 166) 3*, I would sell those 5* to keep scale under control.
  • I feel like PvP is based on the average level of your top 4 characters. That's how received TUs scale up, and that puts me at 165 with 1x270+3x130. Would mean that when I first got and levelled my SS I was at 162 (1x270+3x127) and seems to be a good average for my Shield Sim match ups, which I subsequently have given up pretty quickly on.

Of course with boosted characters in every other PvP event the effect is lessened there, but it's still not great news.

PvE isn't too bad scaling wise and particularly Heroics which lock out the 5* are not scaled badly in terms of llevel number, but I don't really want to fight Juggernaut over and over.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Magic wrote:

How is PvP treating you? I added SS not too long ago and (so far) PvE reminds manageable, but now PvP is all maxed 3* and 4*s.

No problems with PVP as well. I will get occasional underleveld opps and some maxed ones. Only when I push to 1000 (so starting at 800 points) the opponents get stronger. But that works as intended I guess if I want points.

And one more comment to OP - if you have undeleveled (around 100) roster don't open legendary tokens. Simple solution that would help you when you are ready to transition to 4* and 5* teritory (that happenes when you have all meaningful 3* at 166).
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Seriously, how many of these threads need to pop up before the devs realize and admit there is a tinykitty problem with their scaling?!

"I won the games highest prize, but I can't even keep it because it makes the rest of the game unplayable for me."

HOW IS THIS NOT SEEN AS AN IMMEDIATE, 4-ALARM FIRE OF A PROBLEM??????
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Seriously, how many of these threads need to pop up before the devs realize and admit there is a tinykitty problem with their scaling?!

"I won the games highest prize, but I can't even keep it because it makes the rest of the game unplayable for me."

HOW IS THIS NOT SEEN AS AN IMMEDIATE, 4-ALARM FIRE OF A PROBLEM??????

Hundreds more threads because the official line is levels do not affect scaling. If the developers are adamant that raising levels doesn't affect anything then they are under the assumption their is no problem to be fixed.

Of course this directly contradicts the official line that scaling is part calculated on the top end of your roster.
  • Thanks all for the advice. I should be OK cuz I have quite a few maxxed 3*'s and some 4*'s that are nearing 200. So I guess I won't see too horrible a leap in scaling if any. Good to know I can sell and it'll reset at next event if push comes to shove.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Magic wrote:

I want to expound on this a bit more. 5* starts off at 255. For pve, my featured 4* at 181 is bumped to 271. For pve scaling, this is still quite manageable. So the trick, for pve scaling purposes, is to avoid bringing your 4* far above your 5*'s levels. Of course, this would leave you underpowered for pvp, but you can still hit 1000-1,300 consistently depending on your shield management.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Thanks all for the advice. I should be OK cuz I have quite a few maxxed 3*'s and some 4*'s that are nearing 200. So I guess I won't see too horrible a leap in scaling if any. Good to know I can sell and it'll reset at next event if push comes to shove.

You should be fine. That's about where I was when I first rostered a 5*, and my results in both PvE and PvP have improved since then (though not due to the 5*s, who are virtually unplayable still).