So I have spare covers but have to sell!

Options
Banacek555
Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I have 3 She-Hulk covers all expiring today.

I don't have enough ISO to max level - so I can't save them for champion purposes?

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is that a question or just a coded expression of rage?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just buy ISO like they planned.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did you foreseen maxing her anytime soon? I had 8 She-hulk covers and i have sold them all without a blink. I get that championing is nice (imagine 8 awards in one go) but the iso cost forces you to choose wisely who you will champion in 3* land. She was not even an option. I would sell her and use the ISO on better heroes.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was considering maxing my She Hulk because the re-spec option is perfect for her, such as switching 5 blue for 5 red if you're not facing special tile generators BUT she gives you Totally Awesome Hulk who is Totally **** so now she can wait patiently at the bottom of the list.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree with all of the above statements. I've sold off countless Doom and Quicksilver covers in order to Champion other, more deserving, 3* doods. Make a list of who you are willing to sell covers for in order to Champion others first and stick too it. It's very helpful and keeps you on track.
  • Banacek555
    Banacek555 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Coded rage!

Hoping that D3 give a little common sense assistance or just leave us Free 2 Play players to

1) win enough covers to max everyone
    2) win enough ISO to max level everyone
    3) win enough 2/3/4/5 covers to max champion everyone
    4) reach nirvana

So see you back here in 30 years time - as based on the puny rewards in comparison to all these needs - this should be how long it will take me to get enough
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you are Free 2 Play - enjoy the game. Any change in a freemium game is designed for paying players. The F2P can benefit from some (DDQ in this case would be a great example) but are not expected to enjoy all the spoils at the same level as paying customers.

(and I say it as a 99% F2P player who is selling 3* covers every day as I don't forseen to be able to max them anytime soon)

I agree with a quote above - have a list of 3* you want to Champion and stick to it. When all are done - update the list.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is why I am holding off on opening tokens right now. They can wait until I have enough ISO to champion whoever I might pull...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have you tried PVE yet? Did you know that you can gain 20 ISO per clear? That will get you to your required ISO in no time. Also, sometimes you can win a crit boost, which is honestly more useful than ISO.

My goal is to champion all of my 3s and then work backward to 2s, then go back to leveling up my 4s and 5s, once it's a good one who gets fully covered, such as jg, hb, etc. I'm leveling up my remaining 3s in order of how many covers they have sitting in my rewards. It takes around 5 days to gather enough ISO to max out each 3* based on their current level (most of mine are 120+), so if I can't level them all up in time and need to sell some of their covers, that's fine. Just like I'll be selling my two Carnage Reds and JG Greens in a few days, as I already have five of those.. icon_evil.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There have been some instances of people creating a duplicate character with extra covers (if you have extra roster spots) but putting no iso into them. When they are ready to champion that character, they contact Customer Service and ask them to break that character down into individual covers so they could then add them to their newly championed character. Customer Service seemed very reasonable with this request.

You're still buying roster slots, so its no loss to them, just a little extra effort on their part.

Not sure how long they will be willing to do this. If you're talking a week from maxing that character and your covers expire tomorrow... I'd give it a try. If you don't plan on maxing that character for 3 months, I'd just sell the covers.