20 CP Token?

Quick Fire
Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I could have sworn a *New* 20 CP 4* token was mentioned in at least one interview article announcing the Champion feature. I haven't heard anything about it since. Am I crazy or was this really mentioned? If it's real, do we have any new info on it such as an ETA?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is true, it was mentioned. I expect it to roll out this out 1 hour after they post the new 20 CP token on the forums.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I remember reading that a 3 star cover will be 20 CP. never about a token.
  • I assume that the new token will come out tomorrow with the currency change. Basically a 20cp token that only awards 4*s. Or pay 5cp extra for a chance at a 5*. I like the idea of it and can't wait to see it.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    The 20cp token would have to bring a lot more to the table than a 5cp savings to get me to forsake a 10% chance at a 5* Cover. No thanks. icon_lol.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    http://www.gamecritics.com/brad-gallawa ... e-for-2016

Speaking of Command Points, trading 25 of them in for a character token seems a bit high, considering how tough they are to get for non-hardcore players. Similarly, the cost of using CP to improve a 5-star character's powers is a staggering 720 CP. Doesn't that seem excessive?? Are there any plans to adjust these amounts?

One of the biggest challenges we have with MPQ is providing a great experience to players on their first day, all the way through Day 800, which we hit. Couple this with differing levels of play and vastly different amounts of time invested, and you'll get a really broad experience where not everything you see is intended for every player.

For me, 720 CP is a lot, but we have players chasing that goal. Regarding the cost of a Legendary Token, we do have some interesting news: We'll be launching a new 4* or better token for 20 CP in mid-January, as a cheaper option for the folks making their transition to a 4* team.
  • It seems sorta weird. Like, it's a token for everybody who'd rather have 4*s then 5*s. Then, when you're satisfied with your 4*s, you can pay a little more to be dissapointed 90% of the time.

That seems a little sad for me.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    25 CP gets you a token that has 90% 4* and 10% 5*. So a 20 CP token should probably be something like 98% 4*, 2% 5*?
  • I would buy this, because 5 stars mess up the pve scaling with 170 levels higher than my current characters.
  • 5*s are the only thing in a legendary token which I sell. Everything else has a use, so a 4* only token for 5 less CP is a no brainer for me. I'm curiously waiting to see what appears today...
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    5*s are the only thing in a legendary token which I sell. Everything else has a use, so a 4* only token for 5 less CP is a no brainer for me. I'm curiously waiting to see what appears today...

it says 4star or better in the interview. i guess that means legendary tokens get cheaper or they'll introduce another with a lesser chance at 5stars. Not a 4star only token.
  • Missed the part about 4* or better. Thought it was just 4*. When you put it that way it just sounds like they dropped the price of leg token. Unless they added something else than covers or changed the odds of 5*. I'm so confused now!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping this 20 CP token is a Vault. This way we have a both Legendary vault AND the normal token method.
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I don't see anything new yet, unless I'm overlooking it. However, I don't see the currency changes either.
  • Probably won't happen for a few more hours. Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe the devs are on the west coast so they are just now getting to work. Assuming they start at 8 a.m.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Todzilla wrote:
    Probably won't happen for a few more hours. Correct me if I'm wrong but i believe the devs are on the west coast so they are just now getting to work. Assuming they start at 8 a.m.

I am pretty sure they are located in Boston.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I have cp upgrades now, but no 20cp token. Maybe tomorrow, with black suit spidey and legendary packs?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping this 20 CP token is a Vault. This way we have a both Legendary vault AND the normal token method.

i would love to see it be PICK your cover.. Say like if you draw kingpin you can pick what cover you want
  • slidecage wrote:
    i would love to see it be PICK your cover.. Say like if you draw kingpin you can pick what cover you want

Now you're just playing with my emotions.
  • teknofyl wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Now you're just playing with my emotions.

I do honestly feel that if we waited, like, another full year or something, one of the major hyped updates will be "No more color based character covers"

But that's a long, hypothetical time away.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    It sure would suck if we knew what was coming before it hit!
    #reversepsychologyattempt
This discussion has been closed.