Should I max out my first 4 star or make a lot of Champions?

Options
batteries4holden
batteries4holden Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Been playing MPQ since the beginning and finally have enough covers to max out my very first 4 star character (IW). So for the past few months I've been storing up the 335,000 iso to jump IW to lvl 270.

Just before I reach my goal, Champions are introduced. I have every 3* character, most of them maxed out, ready to be championed. With DDQ, I could be championing a hero just about every day.

So should I stick with my original plan and max out IW (also have an extra cover to lvl her to 271) or should I spend all that ISO championing my heroes left and right?

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Champion your 3*s, you'll get a bunch of Legendary tokens, IW isn't worth it
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'd be better off using IW for an Iso farm than maxing her. She's not quite the worst 4* character available, but she's close.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion 2* and 3* first. If it was Hulkbuster or Jean maybe maxing would be a better option but IW is not worth it.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    If that would put IW 100 ahead of all your other characters, keep in mind that will also affect your scaling, and having a high level IW just isn't going to make up for any high levelled team you get paired against.

Definitely go 3* and 2* championing. It brings you a host of legendary tokens and actually makes covers for those characters worth something again.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Champion all 3*s. Then champion all 2*s. Then find a 4* that's fully covered (NOT IW), and max that one for championing. Don't max out IW until you already have some GOOD 4*s maxed out icon_e_biggrin.gif

Unless it is raining IW covers for you, then I guess max her out for the prizes. But as a character, she's pretty awful and not helpful at all in pvp.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had the same dilemma except my maxed covered 4*s happen to be imhb level 230 and iceman level 120. To max level and champion them I would require about 170k and 270k in ISO. That is over a month at my daily ISO rate of 15k. I think I would rather put that ISO to champion my 3* first. A few are at 120/140 which would only require 100k/70k in ISO. Especially those that are direct upgrade path of 2* champions. Otherwise I will have to softcap them at level 99 in order to save that 3* cover reward. At least hulk buster is stil useable at level 230. But I does mean any covers I do get in the mean time will simply be sold for ISO.