Where all my iso at??

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hooray! We have a new feature that actually rocks! Go Champs Go! Oops.. crud.. 5 million iso short of leveling all my guys.. even with LR's, this seems an insurmountable number. What do you think is the best way to farm iso? In the offseason, with no SSim to farm from, how are you getting your fix?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hooray! We have a new feature that actually rocks! Go Champs Go! Oops.. crud.. 5 million iso short of leveling all my guys.. even with LR's, this seems an insurmountable number. What do you think is the best way to farm iso? In the offseason, with no SSim to farm from, how are you getting your fix?

Did someone hack your account and post this?! This post clearly should be in one of the many recent discussions regarding the Iso shortage:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=37831
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=37768
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=37735

icon_lol.gif
  • OJSP wrote:
    Thankfully LR is on in a few hours..

Can you tell me how you can know in advance when lightning rounds come? On the wiki or in the FAQs i couldnt find anything about it at all. Now im logged in if one is about to starts and thats maybe 1 or 2 a week.
  • Its the same time every week. In the UK the first one is 5pm Tuesday evening, through to 3pm Thursday afternoon. Adjust times for whatever magical land you come from. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    after over 400 days of playing, I'm just starting to realize just how much iso I farted away on boosts unnecessarily. I never boosted trivials/seeds/loaners obviously but all other pve nodes usually got 4-6 iso-boosts. pvp usually got 6 iso boosts each match. so I'm challenging myself - only a very limited number of boosts for pve (I think I used 4 b/p boosts this morning's clear and got through on no health packs), and soft climbed pvp with 0 boosts. still using 4 for BE since I'm using my 2*s, but with them stronger now, i'll probably take some shots with 0 boosts there. I'm realizing just how far I've put myself behind by being too free with boosts. I thought - heck, they're only 40 iso each. yeah, that adds up over a year to a very, very big number. if I'm looking at it correctly, about 500,000 iso. if I had been smarter about it, I would have all the important (top half) 3*s maxed and moving onto strengthening my 4*s before SS. now, I still need to max abt 10 more 3*s finished before I look at 4*/5*. kinda deflated.

oh, and I play LRs religiously - I know where the iso is, and I can get to a lot, so the good news is I can start netting some iso quickly. first 2 days over 10K/day and that is without LRs. plan moving forward is hoard tokens/iso until I have enough iso for whatever is pulled, pull tokens until I hit something I need/want to level, level, champion, rinse, repeat. ddq might make me hoard more tokens if a character comes along that I want to max, i'll hoard for another iso cycle. already have a hb cover that will require 90K. should happen in a week or so, then onto the 3*s. eventually I'd love to redo some previously sold 2*s like hawk, wolvie, daken, and torchling, maybe moon but I think the rest are more important and I'm using those covers to sell for now.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I realize I need around 1,500,000 iso to max and champion my remaining 3*s. I get around 30,000 ISO per day from regular play. So it's only around 2 months before they're all championed. I'll do it in the order that I receive covers so as to try to avoid selling any non-championed 3* cover I win.

2 months shouldn't be too bad. Then once they're all championed, I'll never need to waste a 3* cover again, and I can level up all my remaining 2*s, which should only take a few additional weeks. Then, I'll go back to leveling up my 4*s.

But if I win another 5*, I'll most likely level that up, because those are quite helpful in pvp, whereas a 7-cover 4* is not very helpful at all.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    But if I win another 5*, I'll most likely level that up, because those are quite helpful in pvp, whereas a 7-cover 4* is not very helpful at all.

I'm not sure how many 5* covers you have, but are players really leveling their 5*'s with a couple of covers? Does a few 5* levels make a big difference? Just curious as I recently pulled my second SS.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:

I'm not sure how many 5* covers you have, but are players really leveling their 5*'s with a couple of covers? Does a few 5* levels make a big difference? Just curious as I recently pulled my second SS.

I use 5*s to tear through easy nodes and seed teams in PvP. Their match damage is pretty significant and adding levels makes them even better.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I tried farming iso/2* yesterday in Divine. Climb to 500 and dump and repeat. I did that for an hour and since I was actually paying attention to the rewards, I realized getting 2*'s is pretty rare. I walked away with 4(?) usable. Not worth the effort and probably won't ever do that again.
  • mpqr7 wrote:
    I realize I need around 1,500,000 iso to max and champion my remaining 3*s. I get around 30,000 ISO per day from regular play. So it's only around 2 months before they're all championed. I'll do it in the order that I receive covers so as to try to avoid selling any non-championed 3* cover I win.

How are you getting 30k a day? With Lightning rounds I guess that's possible, but otherwise that seems way more than I can get with a couple of clears from the day's sub, the ddq and a bunch of pvp.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need to scrounge up 100K ISO before noon on Sunday if I want to Champion my Ant-man before his cover expires.
    No idea if it is even possible, but dangit I'll give it my best shot!
    Decided to tank a bit in Divine Champions to get a few more games in - mo' games, mo' ISO. I'm really appreciating the "no skip" bonus a lot more now...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently the answer is to have 2k+ friends on facebook, then you have as much as Iso as you want.

Unless you're on Steam, then you're an inferior player, and subsequently F'd, because the average player only gets 100iso or whatever they said that's irrelevant compared to what the top potential is.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Apparently the answer is to have 2k+ friends on facebook, then you have as much as Iso as you want.

Unless you're on Steam, then you're an inferior player, and subsequently F'd, because the average player only gets 100iso or whatever they said that's irrelevant compared to what the top potential is.

They've also said that Steam users, while much smaller in number, are a more dedicated group than average. So I think it's fair to say that if Steam users could take advantage of Facebook sharing, they (we) would also be inclined to make the most of it. I usually forget that Facebook sharing exists (unless I'm playing my alt account on my phone), but right now the jealousy has my teeth clenched!

I spent a little time yesterday farming 20 iso Prologue nodes, just to see how much patience I have for it. Not much, it turns out.

I'm glad of the Championing feature, and don't really want to complain. But right now it has me doing two things I don't like: hoarding tokens and keeping covers in my sell queue. I've always been terrible at both those things, but I figure it's only about two weeks until I'm caught up.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hitting PVP for the match win iso, then dumping with little teams to scale back down in points, then climbing again. Off season is pretty good for that. Playing easy teams for iso, doing this with alliance mates is much more fun, because everyone is not worried about shielding so if everyone stays within the same point range you can just continue to friendly fire with alliance mates and dump points to strangers.

It's all about the easy iso, and floating low. Hitting low point teams so the points gain is minimal, you just want the iso, and if they get a decent retaliation node and points, yay! i stay low on the rankings and points.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I never used to do PVE, but I've started doing at least one clear of each sub to snag the guaranteed chunks of 100-500 ISO. It's not a ton, but it has made a noticeable difference. I've also started being really stingy with boosts in PVP - I pretty much only use them now when I'm making the push from 700-800 to 1k.