THANK THE RNG GODS!

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
As most of you are aware, today is the last day you can purchase covers with HP. I had previously purchased a Stark salary before the Holiday sale ended with the anticipation that I would buy Jean Grey once I finally obtain her elusive blue cover (4/0/3). You can imagine my disappointment when I heard the announcement that covers could only be bought with CP.

Today I opened all my tokens with the hopes of somehow opening a JG Blue, she was even in my vault! But no luck, so I played some DDQ and received my 15 CP for my daily reward, which gave me enough CP for two Legendary tokens. I opened the first Legendary to unveil... icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png ... UGH I CANNOT AVOID THIS GUY!! Last time I opened two Legendaries, it was back-to-back Star Lords. With hesitation I slowly opened the next Legendary.. then I see it, Jean Grey's logo! I closed my eyes as I thought it would be another Purple or Green. When I opened my eyes, it was blueflag.png ! Freaking blueflag.png ! I screamed out "OMG YES!!!" My wife ran over to me because she thought I won the lotto (I kind of did lol). Ahh thank the makers!

I finally got to buy her covers before HP is no longer a resource for covers. I am so happy right now and thought I should share my joys of today!

Is anyone else having RNG luck today so you can use your HP for one last day of buying covers? Share you stories of pulling covers you really needed and how awesome it felt.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Well it doesn't allow me to buy covers but RNGesus bestowed a icon_silversurfer.pngredflag.png to me this morning when I championed my Hood. Now if it would just give me a blue so I could really destroy all those trivial nodes in PVE.
  • I had a good run with LTs when I went through my burst of championing a few days ago. Pulled 14 LTs and among other things got 2 OML covers (including the first yellow to make him actually useful) and 3 IMHB red (up to 4 now)!

I had the HP for 3 (4*) covers, and even with my almost-operational IMHB (4/2/1 now), I decided to invest in ProfX blue. Just one more and I can start giving the big middle finger to **** overscaling due to 5*s that are not as good as my 166 3*s.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate you all for being lucky with LTs icon_razz.gif
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    As most of you are aware, today is the last day you can purchase covers with HP. I had previously purchased a Stark salary before the Holiday sale ended with the anticipation that I would buy Jean Grey once I finally obtain her elusive blue cover (4/0/3). You can imagine my disappointment when I heard the announcement that covers could only be bought with CP.

Today I opened all my tokens with the hopes of somehow opening a JG Blue, she was even in my vault! But no luck, so I played some DDQ and received my 15 CP for my daily reward, which gave me enough CP for two Legendary tokens. I opened the first Legendary to unveil... icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png ... UGH I CANNOT AVOID THIS GUY!! Last time I opened two Legendaries, it was back-to-back Star Lords. With hesitation I slowly opened the next Legendary.. then I see it, Jean Grey's logo! I closed my eyes as I thought it would be another Purple or Green. When I opened my eyes, it was blueflag.png ! Freaking blueflag.png ! I screamed out "OMG YES!!!" My wife ran over to me because she thought I won the lotto (I kind of did lol). Ahh thank the makers!

I finally got to buy her covers before HP is no longer a resource for covers. I am so happy right now and thought I should share my joys of today!

Is anyone else having RNG luck today so you can use your HP for one last day of buying covers? Share you stories of pulling covers you really needed and how awesome it felt.

I am really glad it worked out for you - but I don't think you should have been put in the position where you had to be "lucky". This highlights how these changes have been rushed in, you had to pull off an RNG miracle to use the HP for what you bought it for.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I had them tease me weirdly today. I finally got Iceman blue as prize in last PvE. My plan had been to buy up to three immediately and evaluate. But with the announced cut-off, I just bought to five. And man, is he great; been killing it vs ninja top nodes, so not really regretting it.

But this morning I found myself with four event tokens. First, you guessed it, Iceman blue. Then Capt Marvel black (time to champion my ninth 3*), then Steve blue, finally Kamala green (need ISO to champion her). Great pulls all the way around, just wish I had a sizable fraction of the ISO needed to champion Bobby (he's at 180, and I have less than 25k right now).
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Nice one.

Praise be to RNGesus.
  • Punisher5784
    I had them tease me weirdly today. I finally got Iceman blue as prize in last PvE. My plan had been to buy up to three immediately and evaluate. But with the announced cut-off, I just bought to five. And man, is he great; been killing it vs ninja top nodes, so not really regretting it.

But this morning I found myself with four event tokens. First, you guessed it, Iceman blue. Then Capt Marvel black (time to champion my ninth 3*), then Steve blue, finally Kamala green (need ISO to champion her). Great pulls all the way around, just wish I had a sizable fraction of the ISO needed to champion Bobby (he's at 180, and I have less than 25k right now).

Ugh I know the feeling! I bought Red Hulk and 4* Cyclops covers and guess what I keep pulling! I feel like this happens on purpose! I ended up just starting duplicates for them so I'm not wasting useful 4* covers but yeah it sucks buying covers only to pull the cover you've been wanting from your next token.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I had 4 LT's collected from the PVP 10k reward, alliance top 100 finish during the season, and from championing two more 3*'s. I got two Iceman covers ( purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png ) to move to 1/1/1, one IW blueflag.png (bringing me to 11 covers), and Falcap yellowflag.png. Avoided TAH (lost two LT's to him) and added another 4*. VERY HAPPY and looking for more!
  • Totally Underwhelming Hulk, the destroyer of Tokens... :p
  • Punisher5784
    Totally Underwhelming Hulk, the destroyer of Tokens... :p

I pulled 2 Black.. probably the worst ability in the game.. I should be able to eat hot dogs whenever I want! icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    gratz to you. I was 2 covers shot of max covering my jean, and after hearing that hps will be replaced by cps for direct power purchase, I decided to buy her covers. And RNG decided to play a trick on me afterwards by giving me jean covers from tokens (including a standard token!@#$) after my hp purchases. icon_e_confused.gif
  • apexpredator85
    apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Yesterday morning I opened 3 heroic tokens. And recieved 3 straight 4 stars. Loterally called one of my MPQ friends and told him the news. I am going to buy a lottery ticket tonight. Have to cash in on this luck. I'm surely not going to pull another 4 star for months someohow. Bring on Moonstones! icon_lol.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Glad that y'all are having luck.......
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had some nice legendary pulls in the last month due to championing.

Last three legendaries I've opened have been X-23. Also gained a couple of Deadpools, a couple of Professor Xs, a few Things and more.
    Also got my first Hulkbuster Red finally.

I like the champion feature a lot. It's nice championing a character and immediately getting a legendary, from which I can usually get something useful since my 4*s are pretty much universally undercovered.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I said a quick thank you prayer to the RNG gods two days ago. Got a Rocket and Groot cover from an EotS token and promoted them to Champion. Opened the LT and got Phoenix purple. Opened two standard tokens, got an Ares and added a level (championed him a few days earlier) and got the Classic Magneto cover. Championed Mags and got Starlord red from that token. Then decided to cash in 25 CP and got Silver Surfer blue (my second). Now probably won't draw another 5* til next Christmas!
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

Listen to this story. Punisher5784's story inspired me to use the last of my CP on a legendary token. There are a handful of covers I need to complete my top tier 4*. Namely Redhulk purpleflag.png , Jean Grey purpleflag.png , Iceman greenflag.png , hulkbuster redflag.png or cyclops blueflag.png .Right now I have enough HP to max one of the above mentioned should I get the missing cover. I had given up hope and resigned myself to saving CP to 120 in order to just buy out covers once the switch is made.

So I open a legendary token with the last of my CP and BAM! icon_jeangrey.pngblueflag.png , the cover Punisher5784 wanted, the cover I already had.
    I took a moment, and rued the day Punisher5784 was ever born.

Just kidding. I'm fine with getting more Jean covers. Pink would have been ideal but thats how the tokens roll. And spending 25 cp now for a icon_jeangrey.png is far better than spending 120 later. On a side note it kills me that her 3* counterpart is Beast. Not championing that blue guy anytime soon.

After reading
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played IW ddq node... after a year of watching QS flail about wildly with all the black and green he collected, IW finally managed to kick his hindquarters. The token IW won for me was a red Phoenix, bringing mine up to 2/1/1. It makes me so happy when I can get all the colours for one character...
  • Punisher5784
    jordanix wrote:

Listen to this story. Punisher5784's story inspired me to use the last of my CP on a legendary token. There are a handful of covers I need to complete my top tier 4*. Namely Redhulk purpleflag.png , Jean Grey purpleflag.png , Iceman greenflag.png , hulkbuster redflag.png or cyclops blueflag.png .Right now I have enough HP to max one of the above mentioned should I get the missing cover. I had given up hope and resigned myself to saving CP to 120 in order to just buy out covers once the switch is made.

So I open a legendary token with the last of my CP and BAM! icon_jeangrey.pngblueflag.png , the cover Punisher5784 wanted, the cover I already had.
    I took a moment, and rued the day Punisher5784 was ever born.

Just kidding. I'm fine with getting more Jean covers. Pink would have been ideal but thats how the tokens roll. And spending 25 cp now for a icon_jeangrey.png is far better than spending 120 later. On a side note it kills me that her 3* counterpart is Beast. Not championing that blue guy anytime soon.

After reading

haha you rued the day!

Glad to hear you pulled a JG despite it not being the color you wanted. Anyways I am here to tell you that Beast is a... Beast! At least when paired with SW! SW always has a blue CD so his Green is doing over 2500 plus board shake with 9 Green AP, it's pretty good, plus his blue CD is cheap. So try SW & Beast aka Beauty & the Beast OR better yet my team of Blade, SW, and Beast aka Twilight!
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler

haha you rued the day!

Glad to hear you pulled a JG despite it not being the color you wanted. Anyways I am here to tell you that Beast is a... Beast! At least when paired with SW! SW always has a blue CD so his Green is doing over 2500 plus board shake with 9 Green AP, it's pretty good, plus his blue CD is cheap. So try SW & Beast aka Beauty & the Beast OR better yet my team of Blade, SW, and Beast aka Twilight!

Alight you have inspired me. I will begin the painful task of bringing Beast from 82 to 166. I have been thinking that I should have a few more champions on my roster anyways.