Simple solution for dublicate covers

antreas1911
antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
So the official response from d3 was that we may send a ticket and they can deconstruct the heroes we choose into their base covers so that those covers can be used to champion the original. With the disadvantage that we ain't getting back iso or hp we spent for that hero this way.

And i ask.

Why can't they simply in a future patch include a button in every hero so that we can do this job alone.
Why we have to bother sending tickets and waiting for replies for days and making our lives and dev's lives difficult?

This way everybody will benefit, and not only forum users, cause i am not sure that the majority of players is aware that a ticket can be sent for this reason.

And also such a button solves the expiring covers problem(as long as u can afford having roster slots).
No need to hoard tokens any more. You open thm directly, recruit those that you cannot champion, deconstruct them when you can in the future. Simple and fair for everybody.

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I'm under the impression that breaking down duplicates is a temporary option, not something that will be available forever.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Allowing users to break down their characters would be tantamount to providing a "storage facility" for expiring covers. Your new Hulkbuster expires in 1 day? Don't worry, just roster it as a new character and break it down later when you've fully covered your existing Hulkbuster!

In other words, it's best not to get your hopes up.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    CNash wrote:
    Allowing users to break down their characters would be tantamount to providing a "storage facility" for expiring covers. Your new Hulkbuster expires in 1 day? Don't worry, just roster it as a new character and break it down later when you've fully covered your existing Hulkbuster!

In other words, it's best not to get your hopes up.

i think they should consider it, because by a business perspective it wouldn't be without costs: people would still need to buy additional roster slots to "park" the covers that they plan to use for championing (in most cases, in the distant future).

At the same time, the expiration date would still serve a purpose: you either invest up to 1k in the next 14 days to recruit the covers or they will be lost.

The button to deconstruct the character should of course come with the dislcaimer "all the iso used to level the character will be lost; this process cannot be undone".