Unfair PVP opponent banding

Spiderben69
Spiderben69 Posts: 24
I know this has been visited a thousand times in various forms but can somebody please explain how I can play a PVP event with character levels at 286, 291 & 240. Whilst away from the game I lose a battle and lose 35 points. I hit the retaliate button and my opponent has 3 over 300 level characters and if I fight and win I am up for earning only 26 points?
i.e. I get beaten by a superior team, if I retaliate and beat that superior team, I am still down by 9 points? which begs the question, just what is the point?

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shields, my friend. Shields.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Players with higher scores are worth more points. Most likely, the player who attacked you got a later start.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Couple factors in play here. 1. The person who attacked you probably had less points when they did so, meaning they are worth less. 2. PVP retaliation points are intentionally not as much as you lost, this is due to the fact that when they were higher, high points players executed an elaborate win trading system to climb higher. 3. If you could earn back exactly what you lost, and so could they, you'd be more likely to just endlessly hit each other back.

In short, while yes it is frustrating (most of my retaliations only offer me about 3 points...) it's by design and the game would be worse at higher values.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Great thread and good explanation this just happened to me and was wondering why... I just finished play a round and while at it I was attacked... They took 57 points!!!

And as I wrote the above I was attacked twice so I went from #36 to #479....

NOW I remember why I prefer PvE