Simulator Placement confusion

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So something I don't undertand. I finish in the top 50-75 in both normal and hard simulator events, and my corresponding overall rank is roughly between 50-75 which makes sense. The last day I'm in the top 40 for both normal and hard events, but all of a sudden my overall rank has dropped to 90th. How can I consistently be in the top 75 for each event each 2 days but finish below the top 75 overall?

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The subbrackets that you joined must have been a lot weaker than your main bracket. You aren't competing with the same people across all brackets, so the people in the subbrackets you were in on average scored less points than the people in your main bracket.
  • And.... No further posts are required. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The final node in Hard mode gave out about 3500 points in its first stack, then 2800 , 2100, and so on. At 5 fights apiece that each take about three minutes to complete, it makes sense that a rush of people with strong teams surged past you in the final hour of the event. The difference in points creates insurmountable leads at the very top, but ranking is quite fluid in the lower reward brackets.
  • This line of thinking would lead to a meaningful discussion if you were up against the same players in all three brackets.

Since we're not, any direct correlation is just coincidental.

You could have a low level player in one of your subs that just started the main. Them beating you in that bracket says nothing about your placement anywhere else (or theirs).

I was never higher than 40 or so in a normal mode bracket. But I got 13th in the main.
  • I recall the main bracket is 1000 and the sub bracket is 200, so even if you're placed 40th in a perfectly normal sub bracket and your main bracket consist of people divided exactly into 5 distinct sub brackets, then your 40th in sub can easily be a tie for 200th overall.

So those data suggest the sub bracket you were in is actually quite competitive compared to the average of your main bracket.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just don't undestand how for the first 6 days or so I was roughly 50-75 fluctuating in the overall bracket, then the last day I drop so far overall but wind up finish better than ever in the 2 day bracket? Oh well. But I suppose if I was in a lower bracket and the higher ups hit it hard the last day I can see the discrepency, it's just a little dishearting. And why don't they dish out Psylocke character on the 2 day events like they did with Hulk? That Hulk event was so great, if they took that and then modified it with the normal and hard with the Simulator I think you would finally have a great PvE event