Will HP lottery now be iso lottery? CP?

Tilesmasher
Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Can you imagine how mad you would be if you won a zillion HP after Tuesday?

CP or ISO however. ..

Comments

• What is the point of your OP?

What do you hope to achieve by posting this icon_question.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    What is the point of your OP?

Could ask you the same question.

The next time the contest lottery rolls around, instead of complaining that we don't give a **** about HP then, it'd be better to preemptively let the devs know now that we'd prefer ISO or CP instead. Feel free to disagree with that, but don't be obtuse.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would still prefer HP, not that I would ever win anyway. Buying new roster slots is the most stressful part of the game for me.

Needing to level up my characters doesn't bother me, because it'll get done eventually. Missing out on a new cover because I can't afford HP to add it to my roster is heartbreaking, though.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The sad part is, I bet that most of the players complaining about how they can no longer buy covers with HP probably don't even buy covers! It's one of those "I no longer have it anymore, so I want it".

Anyways, HP will be very very useful for small item vaults (e.g. 80-item Holiday vault) plus as always roster slotsss
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyways, HP will be very very useful for small item vaults (e.g. 80-item Holiday vault)
    If you've ever done the math, the expected cost to get something via a vault is no better than buying it outright (except maybe for the 100hp daily deal). And it could often end up being way worse. And you're confined to what's in the vault. In other words, randomization is not your friend.
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Roster slots are essential to growth in the game, so 1 million hp would be great. Not to be a Richard, but I don't get the point of the post either.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I think the OP makes a reasonable point which is that HP will be much less useful tomorrow than it is today (at least for some people). Winning an HP lottery today means the ability to whale out a 4*. Winning it tomorrow means having your roster slot needs covered for a year or two (or maybe this should be measured in months depending on your number of slots and the D3 release schedule)

Not sure if he is making a point that he is annoyed about the devaluation of HP - but if he is then I get that
  • I do imagine that an HP lottery would still be attractive for most of the playerbase (the ones not even close to 4* land)

Like I can imagine that winning One MIIIIiILLlION Iso would be kinda underwhelming for people who need more covers.

10K CP would be cool, but being able to whale out a 5* is a lot scarier then the 7 or so 4*s 10K would get you.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    You can still use hp to buy tokens---including tacos. If you see something good in your vault, may be worth blowing your hp stack to clean out your vault.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you imagine how mad you would be if you won a zillion HP after Tuesday?

CP or ISO however. ..

love to win a zillion HP i buy my self tons of slots
  • Tilesmasher
    The point was that from my perspective HP is no longer the most valued MPQ currency, it's ISO. I'm hoping the devs see threads like this and reevaluate the lottery reward.

Depending on where you are in your progression it may be different, but I need a ton of iso to catch up my 3 and 4 stars AND need to pay to unlock champion status for 70+ characters.

You may feel differently. icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    What is the point of your OP?

Could ask you the same question.

What did I hope to achieve by posting what I did? To elicit a reply from the OP and gain better understanding about the topic (or what I felt was a lack of a topic) was.

I genuinely did not understand what he/she was trying to do by posting it.

If OP had mentioned:
    simonsez wrote:
    it'd be better to preemptively let the devs know now that we'd prefer ISO or CP instead.

I would've got it straightaway, since I have never participated in the lottery and had half-forgotten about it myself when OP mentioned it.

Yes I agree, change the rewards to CP or ISO, please!

Thank you for clarifying, and perhaps if you could take your snark down a notch, the world would be a happier place. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't be mad at all if I got a zillion HP. Still need roster slots. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tilesmasher
    There was a good point made, how about when you win you can choose between cp, iso or hp? Some people would be happy with iso, others with less slots might be overjoyed to get hp etc etc.

Just make the amounts equal based on the actual cash value or something.