Preview/Teaser nodes

cyineedsn
cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We had surfer vs hb/jean/carnage, and then we had xmen vs avengers, so what would it take to see a phoenix vs xfw/4cyke (or something) node? Did we get a preview node when phoenix was released and I just missed it completely?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, they went the way of the dodo after the anniversary, unfortunately. Such a shame, it was a great spot for prologue healing.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Quebbster wrote:
    ...it was a great spot for prologue healing.

And that is probably why we can't have nice things... icon_e_sad.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Platzy wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    ...it was a great spot for prologue healing.

And that is probably why we can't have nice things... icon_e_sad.gif
    It probably has more to do with the season rewards changed. When it was the brand new fourstar who was rewarded to top 100 alliances, it made sense to have a display node where you could get excited about that character. Now it's a legendary token instead, so there's nothing to show off... Well, I suppose they could have a demo node with Surfer, OML and Phoenix, but would that be any fun to play?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Well, I suppose they could have a demo node with Surfer, OML and Phoenix, but would that be any fun to play?

I'd play a mirror match with maxed SS, OML and Phoenix. Heck, I'd play it multiple times probably. Might be kind of fun.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Well, I suppose they could have a demo node with Surfer, OML and Phoenix, but would that be any fun to play?

I'd play a mirror match with maxed SS, OML and Phoenix. Heck, I'd play it multiple times probably. Might be kind of fun.

I'd farm team ups from it all day!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    I'd farm team ups from it all day!

I'm sure that's why these went away. People farmed too powerful team ups from the SS node. I tried, but I never got any from it.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    There was also the issue that for some reason clearing this node caused galactus to reopen (and not give any points).

I also notice that whenever I get the "can't join PvE event" bug (you know the one, where you click a time to join nine or ten times and it still doesn't register you into the event), if I click on the season event, it would cause a display bug telling me the details of the story event I was trying to join (but then still not letting me join the event).

The season node has some weird bugs in it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I also notice that whenever I get the "can't join PvE event" bug (you know the one, where you click a time to join nine or ten times and it still doesn't register you into the event), if I click on the season event, it would cause a display bug telling me the details of the story event I was trying to join (but then still not letting me join the event).

The season node has some weird bugs in it.
    I'm dying to test this out now!