Thank you for the Champion feature!

Jonny1Punch
Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A lot of negativity and complaining surrounding the forums lately...... So I'm going to give D3 credit where it is due.

The champion feature is incredibly refreshing and some of the most fun I've ever had in MPQ. A great way to increase a sense of progression/rewards and breathe new life into old favorites.

Just wanted to break up the hate a bit and say thanks for adding such a fun and meaningful feature to extend the lifespan of a great game. Well done D3 and I hope to see many more positive changes soon.

Suddenly I'm excited to win old 3/4* again which is very cool and gives us all more to chase.

Comments

• +1 to all this! What (s)he said lol
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. I haven't been this excited to open my Standard tokens since 1* Spidey's release and 2* Bullseye's third power.

It definitely helps soften the sting of pulling 2*'s and dup 3* covers. It also serves as sort of an enhancement to the SHIELD Daily Supply as well since Championing reward path is very similar.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Other than a little stress to grind ISO before some old covers expired, I've been loving it. Now instead of chanting two star in a bad way when opening event tokens, I am hopeful it is one I need. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Did someone ask you to complain about the complainers? Or break up the hate? ON THE INTERNET, at that? lol

The feature is cool.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Agreed! The champion feature added excitement to token draws that you sold with a yawn earlier. I've never felt so poor on ISO but I hope that will be addressed too soon.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    Other than a little stress to grind ISO before some old covers expired, I've been loving it. Now instead of chanting two star in a bad way when opening event tokens, I am hopeful it is one I need. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I have the same... 2*.... maybe it's Storm... nope, Moonstone. Well - I get you next time.

This is all fine but it will only last for couple of weeks (I have all 4 2* on my roster at 105+ already; don't intend to add others unless roster spots are free and iso is falling like rain). Oh well - it's still a blast
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy it as well! It's fun to receive prizes instead of just selling all my 2s and 3s. There is an excitement to level up all my remaining 3s and 2s before their 14th covers expire, but I'm not too concerned. If I can't champion them in time, I'll just sell the cover and try again later on, when a new 14th cover arrives.

I even feel lucky enough to have two 4*s championed (thor and fury), which is great because I seem to get a new cover of each of them at least once per week, which would've been a huge letdown in the past but now is great to power them up for pvp and sim plus get cool prizes.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Agreed, it's nice to open a Standard or Heroic token and have a good chance of getting something that will make a tiny, but positive impact on your roster, instead of just selling them all for ISO.

Once DDQ starts rolling back to the more popular characters (and repeats) that'll be fun, too. It'll also give us a chance to stockpile ISO.

There have been some odd results, like my Hood now tanking all colors over my Black Panther. It's a lot harder to track down some characters, too, now that everyone's been shuffled. No major complaints, though.

Now, just figure out a way to get me one lousy OML yellow cover and I'll be happy. Pending whatever's going to happen to the in-game economy on Thursday, of course.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    The game was getting stale as I waited to win or pull a 4* that would actually help me progress (and that was few and far between).

Champions allowed me to burn 1 million ISO in one day - and I loved every minute of it!
    Now I actually have to think strategically about how I'm going to spend my next stash, and it's nice having a bunch of 4* who just became usable. The game just became fun again.
    Kudos to the devs.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's definitely helped breathe some life back into the game for me. It's probably the best addition to the game since the DDQ.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Exactly my sentiments OP, feels great to be really enjoying progress again, even if it technically it delays levelling 4* for me in my transition.

It just seems everything is going right. Even outside of championing I've antman from the vault and x23 from the doom pvp, and with 25CP I just pulled my 3rd X23 of the week to take her to 2/2/4. Tomorrow I'll champion daken and add 6 covers, love it.

Also, as annoying as ISO shortage is, I'm enjoying the strategy of figuring out where to spend it based on my recruit queue icon_e_smile.gif
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I agree I love the new feature but answer me this. How happy will you be at the end of next season when you open up your 10 pack. Will you still be happy to see those 2's? I have seven 2's champed and covered from 120 to 135. Basically, if you play enough pvp, sim and LR's then your 2's will be covered very very soon. Do you build more 2's and start from scratch?
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Great feature! Thanks for turning the worst feeling in the game (getting a dupe 4* cover from a legendary token) into a pretty good feeling, assuming it's someone you have maxed:)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Champion feature has done something I wasn't sure possible. It's made me want to play the game again.
    I was playing anyway, but mostly dipping into PvP to try and hit 1000 and get a single 4* cover. I wasn't doing PvP unless there was something new in it.

Now I look forward to playing, getting more ISO so I can champion a 3* I have a spare cover for and get a free 4* (hopefully something new).

I actually feel like I have a reason to play again. So absolutely thank you for that =)
  • Jonny1Punch
    Happy to see everyone United and happy about something here. I was worried this topic would derail but nice that we can all agree this is a great addition.

Thanks for keeping it positive !
  • RoughDawgs23
    RoughDawgs23 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I agree this update is fan freekin tastic! And hello again Mr one punch hope all is well icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jonny1Punch
    Longtime no see roughdawg! All is well brother...... Looking forward to championing a super bagman Spiderman lmfao!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I love it!

When I think about it, Champion levels are effectively a second "Level Shift" (remember that?) aimed at rebalancing the rarity tiers. But instead of just changing around the 2*/3*/4* health and match damage curves in an instant, they made it a fun feature where we earn the level shift over time. We also get to re-spec characters, but only if we earn it. This is how you rebalance the game in a way that just about everyone can enjoy.

Very clever. I'm honestly impressed.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love getting 2* covers again. 'nuf said. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I actually wasn't disappointed when my 2x 10 packs from season rewards turned out to be 20x 2*, what sorcery is this?