10pks - Glory or Misery

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
When I first started playing MPQ, earning a 10pk in PVP was quite the achievement. It reminded me of opening a box of Magic the Gathering, trying to get some Mythics but unlike Magic where you are guaranteed a Rare in every pack and about 5 Mythics in a box, the 10pks do not guarantee anything.

I have consistently hit T25 in PVP for the past few seasons to win two 10pks plus the 10pk at 4000 and at least 10 tokens throughout the season. You would think with 40 tokens I would be rich in Gold but sadly that is not always the case.

Past Pulls:
Season XXII: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=37061&start=40 - 3-10pks, 20 tokens: 8-3*'s, 1-4*
Season XXI: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=35723&start=60 - 3-10pks, 10 tokens: 9-3*'s, 0-4*'s
Season XX: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=34708&start=40 - 3-10pks, 15 tokens: 9-3*s, 3-4*'s
Anniversary Pulls: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=33747&start=40 - 10pk: 4-3*'s, 1-4*
Season XIX: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=33000&start=60 - 2-10pks: 5-3*'s, 1-4*
Season XVIII: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=32396&start=40 - 3-10pks, 5 tokens: 11-3*'s, 4-4*'s
Season XVII: No Record - Believe I pulled a single redflag.pngicon_gamora.png from my 1-10pk
Season XVI: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=31033&start=40 - - 3-10pks, 13 tokens: 14-3*'s, 3-4*'s
I did not record prior to XVI
The best feeling is opening a couple of 4*'s or covers you really need

The worst feeling is opening nothing but 2*'s or covers you don't need

Yes I agree that Championing will make all of our 2* covers more valuable but the 10pks can still be disappointing. I am sure most of you remember the time I foolishly purchased a 40pk and I did not open 1 4* (viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=32721&hilit=+Salary).

Could a Heroic vault be the answer? I know I would get more value from 50 tacos from my 300 item DDQ vault. Maybe give us the option to sell our 10pk for 20k Iso, risk vs reward. They can continue to increase the % but I have not noticed a substantial change in my 4* pulls.

I am not complaining as I no longer have my hopes up when I open 10-pks, I am just curious to see how other players feel about 10pks now that we are 22 Seasons (plus 2 Anniversaries) into the game. Comment below on your ideas and thoughts.

Happy Gaming icon_e_biggrin.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• 10 pack should guarantee one 4*. period. ridiculous that this doesnt happen.

leg tokens should have a personalized vault.

make both of these happen please.
  • How are you getting so many 10-packs? I finished the seasons with over 15k pts and just barely cracked the T100.

I don't care about the 10-packs. I get 1 per season and now can usually add most covers to champions. I'd rather see something better than 5 heroic tokens and 3 CP for busting my **** for 4 weeks.
  • Punisher5784
    How are you getting so many 10-packs? I finished the seasons with over 15k pts and just barely cracked the T100.

Because..
    Capture_6.jpg
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen a 4* in a ten pack in SEVEN SEASONS.

I simply don't believe that they exist. Any video evidence to the contrary I think is doctored.

10 packs should have had a guaranteed 4* in them a year ago.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are you getting so many 10-packs? I finished the seasons with over 15k pts and just barely cracked the T100.
    Yeah, I'm getting that tough bracket love too... I finished with 16k and didn't come close to T100.
  • Eh, I'd vote for a guaranteed 3* at least, less so a guaranteed 4*.

I'd say the 40 packs are more for that but, well. Legendary Token kinda covers that.

Maybe just, "guaranteed featured 3/4* in respective tier of event token packs" I'd guess?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    If they put a guaranteed 4* in, you know they'd just make it a 100% guarantee of either Starlord or IW. icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    If they put a guaranteed 4* in, you know they'd just make it a 100% guarantee of either Starlord or IW. icon_lol.gif

Well 10 of my last 30 Legendaries have been SL so yeah I could see that happening icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez wrote:
    Yeah, I'm getting that tough bracket love too... I finished with 16k and didn't come close to T100.
    It's absurd. And I can't justify spending HP on more shields to push even higher than 1300 every event because the incentive is what, 1 more CP for T10 vs. T20? 1 more CP for the entire season, and a heroic 10-pack instead of 5 tokens? Not worth it.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I always thought 10 packs should be more worthwhile too. I guess that's the name of the game with RNGesus....
    By the time I was a strong enough PVP player to get a 10 pack, the rewards were just ISO to me (for the most part) and kind of a let down. I'd heard/seen the convos of "What did you get in your 10 pack" and wanted so badly to be a part of those discussions. When I finally got there, it was so anticlimactic. This is experience is expounded further by the glory that is DDQ
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boommike wrote:
    I always thought 10 packs should be more worthwhile too. I guess that's the name of the game with RNGesus....
    By the time I was a strong enough PVP player to get a 10 pack, the rewards were just ISO to me (for the most part) and kind of a let down. I'd heard/seen the convos of "What did you get in your 10 pack" and wanted so badly to be a part of those discussions. When I finally got there, it was so anticlimactic. This is experience is expounded further by the glory that is DDQ

Yeah.....those 10pks are so last year.

Literally.

You perfectly encapsulate the disconnect.

I remember winning 10pcs in Season 2 and 3, when the meta was 2* > 3*. It was pretty awesome. Dozens of covers, several useful, and shiny new Furies as season rewards!

Now, unless you're in a bracket full of noobs (are there noob season brackets?), the winners don't need the prizes. It's like every PVP in every vet bracket these days, just longer and for (somewhat) higher stakes. Meta moved on, rewards haven't.

I believe I've earned the 10-packs every season since they were introduced, even when I was strictly a 2* > 3* PVP player -- I just had to commit myself to regular PVP grinding.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't really matter. I mostly just need ISO. I have a lot of 2s and 3s championed, so it's fun to win one of those, but other than that, no worries. And sometimes I win a 4* there too. Nice!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I must admit to being pretty disappointed by the 10-packs recently. In the two I earned this season, I had a total of:
    16 2 stars (3 of which I could use for championing)
    Luke Cage (1)
    Mohawk (1)
    Squirrel Girl (1)
    Captain Marvel (1)

I guess that's not too far below the curve, but it sure was a disappointment.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Suck it up buttercup. I scored about 4.5k points and finished 12th for the season.

http://imgur.com/kx3BsDZ

As someone who has seriously pissed off those who control the random number generator I wholeheartedly agree that a 10 pack should feature 1 guaranteed random 4* and 1 "featured" 3*. That way players can chose to save opening them when the 3* character they really want has its turn being featured.
  • Boommike wrote:

didn't they recently (like, last season or two) lower the required amount of points to GET that 10 pack in a season?

Like, I could get it with my 94 teams, and still get some useful covers out of it. Now, it's easier to do so and Championing means that rosters like that are more likely to get covers that help them advance and such.

Even if my first one was all 2*s and it made me like, quit the game for two months.>:(
  • Punisher5784
    colwag wrote:
    Boommike wrote:

didn't they recently (like, last season or two) lower the required amount of points to GET that 10 pack in a season?

Like, I could get it with my 94 teams, and still get some useful covers out of it. Now, it's easier to do so and Championing means that rosters like that are more likely to get covers that help them advance and such.

Even if my first one was all 2*s and it made me like, quit the game for two months.>:(

They didn't lower the points to get a 10pk. You might be referring to the short Season where the 10pk was I believe 3000 pts. However it is easier to get 10pks because points per match are higher overall.

Regardless, I would still like it if they tried Heroic Vault for a season.
  • Where can you earn 10 packs? I have never seen one.

Ps punisher, we are in the same PvE bracket. First time i see someone from the forum in game ^_^ icon_cool.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now, unless you're in a bracket full of noobs (are there noob season brackets?)...

Maybe. I grabbed a top 50 position (#32) with 6703. I'm pretty sure I even missed 1 or 2 events this season and another 3 or 4 where I forgot to play again past the first token at 300.

But I got to this position by becoming casual. Even on the PvP's where I do try and push, I'll regularly get to 900 and then do something else and not log back in until the event is long over. Some days I'll just log in and play DDQ - sometime just the Taco nodes. I don't think you can really luck your way into a noob season just by timing it right.
  • Punisher5784
    Frasaria wrote:
    Where can you earn 10 packs? I have never seen one.

Ps punisher, we are in the same PvE bracket. First time i see someone from the forum in game ^_^ icon_cool.gif

You earn 10pks by reaching 4000 pts in the PVP season.

Ha-ha the only reason you see me in PVE is because somehow I'm in the T5 which never happens. Normally I am T50. I think alot of players skipped this event or aren't playing hard cause the rewards are lacking and its a 7-day PVE full of Ninjas. Anyways, good luck. This sub Sux without survivors and is full of Wolv goon feeding so I'll likely drop out of T10 soon.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least some players are sitting out the early subs because the later subs have considerably more points and they don't want to grind so hard for seven full days while also getting a boost from rubberbanding.

Me? I'm a glutton for punishment and also farming ISO.