Skip Turn button

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
Currently, pressing the top button gives access to Return or Retreat. I'd like to see a few more options.

Return
Skip Turn (lose 3 AP)
Shuffle Board (lose all AP and 25% of health)
Retreat (lose half health)

Comments

• How about a free skip turn, no shuffle, and we stop losing health for retreats? Too much to ask?
  • While the suggestions here are reasonable compared to the usual equivalent of 'emergency undo when I make a bad move', I've been a feeling it's because those are reasonable penalties you'd pretty much always be better off just taking a chance instead. The only case I can think of where you can use these options strategically is if you have exactly one move left and making that move will give the opponent a guaranteed match 5. That has to be an awfully rare occurence.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    While the suggestions here are reasonable compared to the usual equivalent of 'emergency undo when I make a bad move', I've been a feeling it's because those are reasonable penalties you'd pretty much always be better off just taking a chance instead. The only case I can think of where you can use these options strategically is if you have exactly one move left and making that move will give the opponent a guaranteed match 5. That has to be an awfully rare occurence.

Nothing but bad moves -- happens to me frequently when I play a team without much board control. If Magneto, Loki, Ragnarok, Hood, BWGS, Hulk, or even Bagman, is on the team, then a bad board isn't much of a problem. For other teams, though, it happens frequently enough that I'd take a 3AP penalty.
  • Phantron wrote:
    While the suggestions here are reasonable compared to the usual equivalent of 'emergency undo when I make a bad move', I've been a feeling it's because those are reasonable penalties you'd pretty much always be better off just taking a chance instead. The only case I can think of where you can use these options strategically is if you have exactly one move left and making that move will give the opponent a guaranteed match 5. That has to be an awfully rare occurence.

Nothing but bad moves -- happens to me frequently when I play a team without much board control. If Magneto, Loki, Ragnarok, Hood, BWGS, Hulk, or even Bagman, is on the team, then a bad board isn't much of a problem. For other teams, though, it happens frequently enough that I'd take a 3AP penalty.

I can certainly see a board with a lot of bad moves but I'm not sure if it's worth losing 3 AP instead of getting 3 relatively useless AP. Do you mean 3 AP of your highest color, 3 random AP, 3 AP of all colors? If you got more than one bad move, a lot of the time the computer will take another bad move anyway unless your bad move makes a match 4 or better for them, which is why I think it only make sense if you're left with exactly one move that will lead to a match 4/5 for them. Otherwise you can just take a quasi bad move and hope they'll miss it.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I can certainly see a board with a lot of bad moves but I'm not sure if it's worth losing 3 AP instead of getting 3 relatively useless AP. Do you mean 3 AP of your highest color, 3 random AP, 3 AP of all colors? If you got more than one bad move, a lot of the time the computer will take another bad move anyway unless your bad move makes a match 4 or better for them, which is why I think it only make sense if you're left with exactly one move that will lead to a match 4/5 for them. Otherwise you can just take a quasi bad move and hope they'll miss it.

3 random AP. When there is only one move, the computer won't miss it. Frequently, I'll only have a useless environment move, and that sets up a great move for the computer opponent. Also, I often have a badly hurt person in back, and the only move would be one that moves them forward for an easy kill. It happens frequently enough that I'd love to have the option of not making the bad match.

Also, it happens frequently enough that I've given up on teams that don't have a board controller of some sort. Daredevil, Iron Man, Wolverine, Ares, Black Widow Original, Daken --- a team comprised of these guys would have board control problems.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    How about a free skip turn, no shuffle, and we stop losing health for retreats?

... and the key of the apartment where the money is. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phantron wrote:

The other mentioned "problem" is that the single move exposes the hero you want to keep in the back. Probably that is the real major motivation over the next board state.

But that would really provide huge power, I'm not so sure the game should have really with the current setup.
  • Free skip turn twice as match.
    No board shuffle, it's a skill
    Retreat, as is
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Free skip turn twice as match.
    No board shuffle, it's a skill
    Retreat, as is

Even one free skip turn per match would be welcome... it's not needed all that often. Limiting it to two would also be good.