Confirmation Bias or Change to PVP?

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've heard rumors that there was a change to PvP, that our defensive team is not necessarily the team we last played with. I know I was attacked more in Krakadoom than any other PvP I can remember. Of course, I was using the loaner some of the time, so there's that. But I was attacked early - below 400 points when I was ranked in the 200s and often thereafter.

Was there a stealth change to something? Our defensive teams? Matchmaking? Something? Or am I seeing what isn't there?

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Given the level of cupcake baking going on that would be really obvious really quickly so I'm going to go with no change has been made

It is end of season doom and rags events have just been snippy as people push for season ranking
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I suppose it could just be the mad rush for season points. The instance of a change in defensive team: We'll see if that's repeated. I'm sure people will notice if it is the case going forward. It would be a strange change to make. Maybe just something buggy.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    I did notice I have was having to do more skips then usual to find opponents worth 38+ during the Doom and Ragnarok PVP's when my score was between 200-700 points.

Dunno if just an unlucky streak, something changed with my MMR due to championing, or they tweaked the match making.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course, I was using the loaner some of the time, so there's that.

I reckon that's a major reason.
    You get a big enough target on your back simply not having max level boosted characters with your main guy, but to see the main guy at level 70 just makes you an almost instant click if you're worth enough points.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've heard rumors that there was a change to PvP, that our defensive team is not necessarily the team we last played with. I know I was attacked more in Krakadoom than any other PvP I can remember. Of course, I was using the loaner some of the time, so there's that. But I was attacked early - below 400 points when I was ranked in the 200s and often thereafter.

I don't care who your other two characters are, I will hit someone with a loaner all day long.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor

I don't care who your other two characters are, I will hit someone with a loaner all day long.

Pretty sure I have that t-shirt somewhere in my closet.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards

This all day, every day. Your loaner is getting smashed either way you look at it. I don't even care if you max level Jeanbuster. I'm hitting you.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    One word: ISO-8.

I will speak for myself - before champions appeared I was playing only in last 5 hours of PvP -> got 1000k before 3-2 hours ending time and shield. Now i start immidiately and bitting all i can. Why? Because it is the only steady stream of ISO right now. And all need a lot of it
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I suspected something similar, during the last event I was at 1150 and found 3 cupcakes worth 70+ points.
    1 in particular had level 70 (loaneR) doom, 50 3cyclops, 40 juggs
    I wonder how they even won a match to bake that cupcake.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    I suspected something similar, during the last event I was at 1150 and found 3 cupcakes worth 70+ points.

they either they saved a seed node the "first" cake maker; or the beat some other person's cake with their cake, that can be a interesting cycle if enough peeps are generous and shield timing great.
  • Hendross wrote:

they either they saved a seed node the "first" cake maker; or the beat some other person's cake with their cake, that can be a interesting cycle if enough peeps are generous and shield timing great.

Yup, I have started doing this, as a way to pass the buck.

In the Ragnarok Pvp I had 3 cupcakes lined up. Then I hit the first 2 with my usual PVP team and hit the last one with a loaner Rags, lvl 25 jugs and a 166 fist.
    I know it's not as cakey as the lvl 1 Juggs and 15 ms Marvel I hit last, but it's a definitely much easier than a Fistbuster or Jeanbuster.

Just my little way of saying thanks and helping others. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Hendross wrote:

In the Ragnarok Pvp I had 3 cupcakes lined up. Then I hit the first 2 with my usual PVP team and hit the last one with a loaner Rags, lvl 25 jugs and a 166 fist.
    I know it's not as cakey as the lvl 1 Juggs and 15 ms Marvel I hit last, but it's a definitely much easier than a Fistbuster or Jeanbuster.

afterwards do u stay unshield for a minute or 2 or do u just shield up immediately after?
  • afterwards do u stay unshield for a minute or 2 or do u just shield up immediately after?

I shield up straight after, staying unshielded for 3 matches in dangerous.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I add up total HP of the team I'm contemplating, if your team has less total HP (faster kill, less time unshielded) then most other teams I wouldn't hesitate to attack you.

Didn't have any unusual attacks though.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2016
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Hendross wrote:

afterwards do u stay unshield for a minute or 2 or do u just shield up immediately after?

You should try it yourself instead of snipping and leeching from other people's CC.... locked_bm.png
  • ValekBoss wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:

You should try it once yourself instead snipping and leeching from others CC....

You should try it yourself instead of snipping and leeching from other people's CC.... locked_bm.png

Yeah... I never said this in my previous post... What's the matter with ya? icon_eek.gif