Dear Devs; Implement a VIP function and watch profits soar.

13»

Comments

• Blergh wrote:
    Think the auto-play was one of the things that put me off it actually. I pick up a game when I'm bored. I want something a little fun, challenging (well to some degree), and engaging. It's meant to be played, if it plays itself its none of those things. I'm almost surplus to requirements. What's the point?

Don't care much about progression. It's not as if you're collecting anything meaningful or real. None of it is actually yours anyway, all your really progressing to is carpel tunnel. icon_razz.gif

At the risk of derailing this topic, yes, I'm tempted to agree on auto play. I certainly do agree in principle, but in practice the irrational can occasionally triumph. User input has minimal effect in MFF, and that's pretty obvious with or without the auto-play feature. Similarly though, a lot of MPQ fights are just going through motions. Outside of Gauntlet, the occasional 4* DDQ and perhaps top-tier PvP matches an auto-play feature just to reap rewards wouldn't detract much from MPQ.

Auto-play on MFF only functions on stages that have already been cleared and is only fully functional if a perfect clear has been achieved, if such a feature applied to MPQ it could make grind-downs in PvE a lot less hassle. Unlike MFF, damage received carries over in MPQ to your next level so we don't even need to implement a penalty for using the auto-play since the lack of efficiency in auto-play will penalise you enough.

Your comments on progression could equally apply to MPQ though, and if it wasn't for an illogical and obsessive side of my personality I wouldn't be playing either game at all.

Just to try and steer back to topic though, the VIP system does work in MFF. It's maybe a less competitive game as the true PvE element to it is much more extensive than MPQ's prologue and maybe that's a factor, but I haven't seen a downside to the VIP system there.