New odds for standard token?

Dankaminari
Dankaminari Posts: 75
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Since the champion system went live, I've found it almost impossible to pull a 2*. Has anyone else experienced this? Did they change the odds on tokens?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have opened about 100 of them. Pulled 1 3* and maybe 8 2*. So i have stopped opening for the time being
  • I've opened around 150 standard tokens for championing. if I remember correctly it was 2 three stars and around 11 two stars, from which I could use 5
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Standard token odds have never been published, but yes, 2/3 * pull rate does seem down over all
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened 300. Odds looked normal to me. Had a handful of 3*s and even a 4*. 2*s looked normal too. When you're looking for 2*s it's easy to forget you'll open about 6x as many 1*s.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait, what? 4* from a standard token? That must be a very low % then... I've never pulled a 4* from a standard, and I must have opened 500+ ever since I restarted playing a few months ago.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The night championing went live, I opened 389 tokens, 262 of them standards.

I received 193 1*s, 66 2*s, and 3*s from the standards.

Only 74% 1*s.

I would venture to say that the impression of "never" pulling 2s any more is due to suddenly being interested in pulling 2s again icon_lol.gif

See: me bemusedly opening tacos and getting 4*, 5k ISO, 1K HP, etc, now that I'm actually willing to open a 2*. Where was championing months ago? icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the new champion feature I was going to open my 250 standard tokens. I am out of ISO before I looked to them and I realized I don't want to open them because I will have to sell them one at a time because I am waiting on enough ISO to champion more 3* characters. I am hoping D3 creates tabs for 1,2,3,4,5* covers so we can sell just a certain * character. Having to sell 250 covers one at a time so I can hold onto 2-3 covers sucks.
  • scottee
    DeNappa wrote:
    Wait, what? 4* from a standard token? That must be a very low % then... I've never pulled a 4* from a standard, and I must have opened 500+ ever since I restarted playing a few months ago.

They're in there. And yes, it's a really low % which is why they don't even list them in the odds.
  • scottee
    Just did a pve clear resulting in 1 standard token. Pulled a Psylocke blue. So I'm batting 100% tonight!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I can tell, the odds of getting Moonstone definitely haven't decreased.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Opened 420 Standard tokens

During that there was a streak of 72 1*'s on the trot - seemed very high

Did get 4 x 3*'s from the 420 though
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I have opened 1400 standard tokens. I get roughly 10% star.pngstar.png , 1-2% star.pngstar.pngstar.png , and 0.2% star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've pulled a total of 3726 Standard tokens and have never gotten a 4*. I've heard people say they're in there, I'm guessing the odds are around .1% or less - sure if there's one in a thousand I should have pulled around 3, but not pulling any isn't statistically impossible.

These are my percentages:

Stars Total # % of Total
    82.9%
    15.0%
    2.1%

I've seen the *** go as high as 2.3%, but yeah, it's low. I opened 165 standards and got one, but while that is low, it's statistically possible. At 15% for the ** that's 1.5 every ten tokens - again you may end up with a streak of ten, twenty tokens without pulling a single one.

I doubt highly they've tinkered with the percentages. Trends happen - if you really think something is going on track your numbers. Every time I look back at my numbers they're well within the range.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    See: me bemusedly opening tacos and getting 4*, 5k ISO, 1K HP, etc, now that I'm actually willing to open a 2*. Where was championing months ago? icon_lol.gif

Indeed, I got my first ever legendary token along with some 3* that were actually usable for a change from the vault since championing went live.

I am sure that it is just confirmation bias in action with the standard tokens, but I do seem to have gone into a run of far more 1*'s than usual this weekend.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Standard odds seem normal to me. Have opened 150-200 since Championing started. Still have another 1200 to go through.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I'm on day 580, I don't track covers but I know I've pulled an IW and an x23 from standard tokens.

I should start tracking.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I've pulled a total of 3726 Standard tokens and have never gotten a 4*. I've heard people say they're in there, I'm guessing the odds are around .1% or less - sure if there's one in a thousand I should have pulled around 3, but not pulling any isn't statistically impossible.

These are my percentages:

Stars Total # % of Total
    82.9%
    15.0%
    2.1%

I've seen the *** go as high as 2.3%, but yeah, it's low. I opened 165 standards and got one, but while that is low, it's statistically possible. At 15% for the ** that's 1.5 every ten tokens - again you may end up with a streak of ten, twenty tokens without pulling a single one.

I doubt highly they've tinkered with the percentages. Trends happen - if you really think something is going on track your numbers. Every time I look back at my numbers they're well within the range.

Can confirm - my first ever 4 Star was an XFW Black from a Standard token.
  • 4*s used to be in standard tokens, but they were taken out at the same time Legendary tokens were rolled out to make them look more necessary.

Since Championing went live my standard token pulls have actually been better. In about 15 tokens I've had 3 3*s and 4 2*s.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    4*s used to be in standard tokens, but they were taken out at the same time Legendary tokens were rolled out to make them look more necessary.

Since Championing went live my standard token pulls have actually been better. In about 15 tokens I've had 3 3*s and 4 2*s.

They weren't removed from the standard tokens, just from the token description. I know very well because my second ever 4star (Star-Lord purple) came from one standard, a week after the description had changed, and the forum was still talking about that.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:

I also pulled a 4* just yesterday from a standard token. It was a Totally Awesome Hulk. I also pulled a LT token from DDQ this morning. I'm in a good period it would seem.