I got a level 264 Iron Fist team up

xidragonxi
xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
I thought the cap for team-ups was based on the max level for that character. So it shouldn't be possible to get a level 264 Iron Fist as below. I'm positive that the person I won it from didn't have a level 264 Iron Fist, either. Did it scale up to my roster? 264 would be close to the average of my top 3. (lvl 272 HB, lvl 272 JG, lvl 255 OML). Screen shot attached.

IGN: xidragonxi
playing on Android.

q00udQR.png?1

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    If a character is booted for the week, the team ups also scale. Since IF was boosted last week, the team up would show higher, and since no event has had him, you would have gotten that from PVP, so a good chance it is back to normal in your inventory by now, if it has not been used.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have some TU's that exceed max level, too. I'm guessing it is a result of championing and weekly boosts interacting somehow(?)
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    If a character is booted for the week, the team ups also scale. Since IF was boosted last week, the team up would show higher, and since no event has had him, you would have gotten that from PVP, so a good chance it is back to normal in your inventory by now, if it has not been used.

I got him this morning (1/9/16) in Simulator. As of this writing, he's still sitting there at level 264.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep - it's a bug with Champions. Just got a 3* 264 Thor. The player's Thor was championed, but nowhere near 264 (I think it was 168 or 169). When I won, the huge team-up dropped.
  • Championing raises the level cap for teamups.

They still scale to your roster, but a championed teamup is able to scale to your roster up until it's new max level, instead of the unchampioned max level.