Getting into easy pve bracket

Pollozz
Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been playing the game for several months now, mostly pve (usually t50 and some cases t10) but as many here got tired of the grinding. Due to the recent changes pve has become more competitive than before and honestly dont have the will to grind everyday. Correct me plz if i am wrong, I've read that if i dont score high and got low positioning after 3 events i can be put into an easy bracket, is that true?. And if is this is true then how many points should i score to be on the safe zone or what position on the leaderboard should i be aiming?. Last event Dark Avengers Heroic i just scored 8178 points (37000 needed for LT), and got position 315. Is that score a safe zone or was too high?
I know that getting out of the normal T50 i will lost hp, covers, LT, but i want a break and once or twice a month have the opportunity to score high and get a shot at the 4's rewards. Thks ahead for reading this and for any constructive tips.

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really sure if there is a way to get into easy brackets that will let you get all just about the progression rewards whilst getting good placement rewards.

What I do is play the countdown roulette game. Join the event with an hour or so left and hope to get a new bracket. Can sometimes get top top 100 or even 50 with just an hour worth of playtime, very rare occasions top 10 but it comes at the cost of missing all the previous sub placement rewards and numerous node rewards. Also there is the possibility of joining a nearly full bracket too.

I don't think there is a way to have your cake and eat it.
  • Spots69
    Spots69 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, would love to know this as well. I was conducting some experiments but with the new championing feature made me play again like crazy, lol
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't noticed a pattern, personally. New character releases don't seem to have easy brackets. I didn't play much for the Venom/Miles release events, and my next event was a complete cakewalk (I didn't earn the 3* progression, much less the LT and still managed top 150 somehow--top 10 were much, much more competitive though, to be fair). That was probably more collective PVE burnout than anything I did. Typically, i can't predict anything from one event to the next. it seems to be a total crapshoot.

PVP on the other hand, scoring poorly for a couple seasons on end seems to put you in brackets where 500-600 pts can get you top 50-100...until you take advantage of it too much and get kicked out of the kids table.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    I haven't noticed a pattern, personally. New character releases don't seem to have easy brackets. I didn't play much for the Venom/Miles release events, and my next event was a complete cakewalk (I didn't earn the 3* progression, much less the LT and still managed top 150 somehow--top 10 were much, much more competitive though, to be fair). That was probably more collective PVE burnout than anything I did. Typically, i can't predict anything from one event to the next. it seems to be a total crapshoot.
    I think the new character release thing is because there is a significant subset of people that tank all normal PvE events and then come out of the woodwork and try hard in the "noob" PvE brackets.

As for how to get into these brackets, I'm not sure it's a set amount of events exactly, but I think it's more about points than placement. I had a stretch of events where I sniped good placement like 3 out of 5 times or something (even a top 2 finish), and yet I was still moved down to a noob bracket, I think because my scores were all very low.
  • Spots69
    Spots69 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    mohio wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    I think the new character release thing is because there is a significant subset of people that tank all normal PvE events and then come out of the woodwork and try hard in the "noob" PvE brackets.

As for how to get into these brackets, I'm not sure it's a set amount of events exactly, but I think it's more about points than placement. I had a stretch of events where I sniped good placement like 3 out of 5 times or something (even a top 2 finish), and yet I was still moved down to a noob bracket, I think because my scores were all very low.

So, u need is low scores every event then?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    One of the things IceIX confirmed shortly before he left (in one of the podcast interviews, I think) is that there's a middle bracket: it's not just newbs and vets; there's one in-between.

I mention that because it jives with my own recent experience. I've been a t10/t50 PvE player for most of my MPQ life. Over the holidays I skipped 5 PvE events, including 7 days where I didn't log into the game at all. I figured I'd be knocked all the way down to the newbie brackets for some easy Ice Man covers. Nope. Oh, I got a couple of Ice Man covers, but it wasn't easy. In fact, I would say it was harder than the typical new character release.

This experience was probably idiosyncratic for a couple of reasons: one, the holidays could have had an extra high number of competitive players taking events off and joining each other in the middle bracket; two, Ice Man rewards are among the most desired covers in the game (if not the very most, at that tier). I'm just saying that skipping 5 events and not logging in for 7 days wasn't enough to make PvE EASY.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    You need to actually play at least 1 node in each event for it to register...
  • I imagine this has been effected since the CP feature came in, since there is a large amount of players (myself included half the time) who now join each sub purely to grind the CP nodes, then leave the rest alone.
  • Pollozz
    Thanks for ur suggestions, ill definitly be playing at least one node to register and let u know how it goes with time
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    As long as you pick a shard for the event it will register your score. I usually alternate one event playing one event taking a 0 and it keeps me in the mid tier brackets. I always take the 0 on the event before a new release, just to make sure I get in a reasonable bracket for the new release. It probably ends up being a wash since I lose lots of iso and LTs, but it keeps me sane as I could never grind like you have to do in Vet brackets for new releases. I don't have that kind of time investment in me daily for MPQ.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    The current event I'm top ten without having iceman. I joined 22 hours after event started and seem to be in a good slice, last event I joined 2 hours before end and was almost last, have done this previously and come second.

I don't grind so much and take breaks just doing dpd without pvp or pve.
  • Pollozz
    stowaway wrote:
    One of the things IceIX confirmed shortly before he left (in one of the podcast interviews, I think) is that there's a middle bracket: it's not just newbs and vets; there's one in-between.

Middle bracket, interesting to know