I just got 20 ISO as my reward on every node of a clear.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Every. Single. One.

At a 50% chance of getting 20 ISO from any given node, some napkin math suggests that the odds of getting 6 such results in a row is, rounding, about 2 chances in 100.

Or about what my odds of getting any given 4* are from a Heroic/event token.

Why can't I "win" that lottery as often with Heroic tokens as I do with node clears? icon_lol.gif

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's one of the main reasons I can't stand pve. With pvp, you're constantly winning great prizes every 2-3 battles. With pve, you're grinding away like crazy for a 2* progression reward, getting 20 iso after each intense, health-pack-draining fight. So not worth it.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I had the same pattern with my last 2 clears in Eots. 20iso on every node. 2 clears in a row.

That is just too weird. And annoying.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I got the exact same thing on my last clear of EotS with the single exception of getting one CP on the last node.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    edited January 2016
    I swear these developers are stupid. This is a problem that any seasoned developer would have fixed in the first year of a game being released. Anything that decreases player motivation should be dealt with. If this is a simple case of probability involving 4 elements from a programming standpoint this should be relatively easy to change. The fact that it's not at this time shows indifference.

On a side note, why 50%? Why make it so unnecessarily hard to get rewards from a node? That's just mean spirited, another reason I dislike them.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah my luck has not been any better. 5 clears on EOTS, I have 5 missions that have 4 rewards. Only one of them has given me something besides 20 iso. That's 20 rewards available and 6 earned.

They need to fix this.

And if we nitpick it and take away the guaranteed reward for first clear. That's 1 reward out of 15 for me on at 5 clears.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kevin61 wrote:
    I got the exact same thing on my last clear of EotS with the single exception of getting one CP on the last node.

That was me this morning. So 11 straight nodes with a 20 ISO reward before I finally got a non-20 ISO reward! Or a .0005 (rounded) chance. One in 2000, that's me!

At least it was the CP. 11 straight 20's followed by a crit boost would have meant murderspree time.

(Dear NSA: that's called "black humor.")
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking more about mine. I did 5 clears that's 20 chances at a reward that's not the first clear. Then I ground the final node a bit hoping for cp. Did it maybe 4 times.

That's 24 nodes 1 reward that was not a 20iso. And I have no idea how many health packs I burnt for 260 iso.

We need this changed somehow.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've gotten 20 iso on last 3 clears, every single node, probably due to all of them having that green checkmark though.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    20 iso is better than Critical Boost, so think of it that way! icon_lol.gif