ISO shortage and 20 ISO reward

Has anyone estimated the ISO return for playing PvE? I'm curious about how much ISO would be earned by an "average" player doing 3 clears per day for the LT. More specifically, I'm curious how much more ISO would be earned if they removed the 20 ISO ****, and therefore that player would get 3/4 rewards on each node instead of 2/4 +20 ISO.

(2/4+20 is: 1st reward, then 50% chance at 20 ISO for other 2 sweeps)

I know there are nodes with single rewards and not every PvE is the same and yada yada, but I'm wondering how this improvement would compare to the 5-15K per day that I think most players earn. My simple stab at it:

Rewards are typically 100/250/500/special. Let's say the special (CP, health packs, boosts, tokens, whatever) is worth 150 average. That's 1000 total ISO available per node.

3/4 = 750 ISO
2/4+20 = 520 ISO
Difference = 230 ISO per node.

Average 10 nodes per sweep (main + subs), 3 sweeps per day = 6900 ISO more per day. To put it in relative terms, it's almost 50% more than we currently earn. That seems very significant to me and is yet ANOTHER reason in this ISO-starved broken economy to remove the damn 20 ISO.

EDIT: Just realized I double counted the 3 sweeps, so only 2300 per day rather than 6900, but still ~50% relative to PvE earnings.

Anyone out there keep better track of rewards and can give better information?

It's mind-boggling to me that the Devs can do all this Champion stuff, all the damage "rebalancing but definitely not a nerf" stuff, etc. But can't change one parameter in their code from 50% to 0%.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    What the worst thing is they have the code to just double the ISO the game rewards that ICE felt should be the norm and was shot down. Now with the cost of championing characters it will be months before players can recoup the ISO spent championing 2-3-4*. It is worth it to champion them as it has significantly helped my cover my 4* but it will me months before I can actually level them.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    I prefer an iso shortage to a surplus.

I like that everyone is forced to make choices on what they want to do with their iso.

I think that's how the devs want it and I like it. Having enough iso to max and champion anyone you want is boring.

It brings strategy, foresight and planning into the game. That's a good thing.