Use duped characters for champion levels

PeterGibbons316
PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
To solve the expiring token "problem" allow dupes to be salvaged for their covers and used on champions.

So say you have a 3* character that is level 120. You want to max them but haven't had the ISO, and you win 3 covers for them in your rewards. They expire in 2 weeks, and you don't have the ISO to max your character and use those covers for champion levels. Just buy another roster slot, and add the character as a dupe. Then as you earn covers (up to 13 additional) for that character you can hold on to them on your dupe until you get your main character to 166. Then you can salvage your dupe and apply up to 13 levels to your champion.

Or if someone already has a 166 dupe they could scrap it for 13 champion levels. That would work to. ISO return should be the same as if it were sold normally.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I would like this (and not only because I would get a level 175 Cyclops out of the deal). Roster space as temporary lodging seems to be a good way to a) keep spending HP now that we can't buy covers and b) let me hold onto all of the additional IW covers I keep finding before I accumulate the 200K ISO to get her to 270.

Really good idea. It also solves the "premature 6th in a color" problem. My XFW is 2/5/2, over my career I've tossed 4 additional black covers. If I had been able to store those as a 0/4/0, to be championed later, the eventual payoff of 270->274 would be immensely satisfying. (And, side note, I'd also have purchased roster slots for 0/2/0 Fury, 0/3/1 IW, 2/0/0 HB, and a handful of Hoods and various 3*.)

I'd love dev feedback on this thread, if one even mentioned it as a possibility I'd buy a 950 slot and recruit 0/2/0 Invisible Woman today... (still lamenting the one I had to sell two days ago)

Let's just run through the benefits this would bring to MPQ, bullet-point-style.
    • HP sink! Dupes leave less roster room for new covers leading to HP purchases!
    • Great long-term payoff for a certain type of player with little effect on balance
    • Addresses player concerns about covers always being useful

Quite seriously, I imagine this would increase "average roster size" across all tiers of play. It's a genius move, and a crazy resource exchange which players love/don't understand. When "stored character x" finally gets championed, a free slot opens up to be claimed by, oh who knows, maybe Moonstone which you keep deleting but now figure you might as well level up...