Taskmaster's Challenge

Blergh
Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
Just a random idea that maybe fun for you guys to think about and bounce about a bit. May just be totally bad. I am deluded. *shrugs*

Basically, just had a random idea for a new story mode linked to the introduction of new characters, that would allow you to really test their powers and potential team-ups. I know there is a limited one node for this in PVE already, but it's not always the best showcase of their power.

Think it'd be fun to link it to Taskmaster and have a series of tasks that you have to master to progress the level instead of a straight knock-out, ranging from easy to damn-right impossible. May introduce more of a puzzle element - maybe. Obviously to make things interesting I'd make it a loaner cover event only, maybe with limited boosts, and attempts.

But that limit could also really make you play with things - one mission limit to one colour of the new players power or something. Might be fun.

So lets take Miles as an example - of a new release. Tasks could include get x amount of web-tiles in so many moves, stay hidden for so many consecutive turns, surprise and down the three goons, generate so much ap by matching web-tiles. Spider-man is always snatching people from danger and falling and stuff to - so could even do challenges relate to saving people/citizens somehow...? You know, the tasks could be endless - and it'd be an easy way to insert some more iso into the game. So would have a check-list instead of progression - could lead to some interesting bragging right threads.

Could even be two parts to it, one how to use the character - really stretching the players goals and targets. The other how to play against them, thinking a team up of Hydra Bob and Bag-Man would be fantastic for that. How many forumites would complain, moan and beg for a better chance of winning - could be funny.

And now I've type it out, maybe I can concentrate on the idea I should be developing, rather than this stray random one. Sorry, just one of those people that have to type things out to have them stop plaguing me.

Comments

• Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    I like the idea of character specific challenges. Someone suggested using them as daily quests/achievements. I think it'd be fun any way you implemented it.

Also, mini puzzles like in Puzzle Quest 2 could be cool.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    THis would be a great idea, it could be like deadpool daily where when there isn't a new character, have other characters rotate in and it would give players a better idea of "should i sell someone to make room for you or do you suck". If we had this when Mt **** and Chulk came out, then we would have been spared.

hotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.pnghotdog.png