We should be allowed to view other player's Hero Points.

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
With so many exploits out there, we should be allowed to view other player's current Hero Points and lso.

That way, if the player is cheating we would be immediately able to tell right away.

Besides it's not as if HP is something that needs to be kept confidential anyway.

Comments

• It would do good if people had ridiculously high hp and iso like i did which was pretty fun to have, but someone who would want to be more conservative about it would probably keep the hp low. also would still have enough hp and iso where they can manipulate it and get covers etc while still keeping the image that they aren't cheating and because there is no way of telling who is sandboxed or not unless you compare leaderboards with x amount of people no one will ever know
  • Exitium wrote:
    It would do good if people had ridiculously high hp and iso like i did which was pretty fun to have, but someone who would want to be more conservative about it would probably keep the hp low. also would still have enough hp and iso where they can manipulate it and get covers etc while still keeping the image that they aren't cheating and because there is no way of telling who is sandboxed or not unless you compare leaderboards with x amount of people no one will ever know

True, if they were intentionally trying to cheat without getting caught. But some of them just don't effing care, and blatantly cheat. Would help if we can see anything unnatural about their HP.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Exitium wrote:
    It would do good if people had ridiculously high hp and iso like i did which was pretty fun to have, but someone who would want to be more conservative about it would probably keep the hp low. also would still have enough hp and iso where they can manipulate it and get covers etc while still keeping the image that they aren't cheating and because there is no way of telling who is sandboxed or not unless you compare leaderboards with x amount of people no one will ever know

True, if they were intentionally trying to cheat without getting caught. But some of them just don't effing care, and blatantly cheat. Would help if we can see anything unnatural about their HP.
    I'm sure the game has certain criteria that would probably auto-box people that make x amount of hp within given time meaning people who spent money might also be sandboxxed because of the auto-boxxer and no one would know
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why are multiple threads turning into the mechgouki and Exitium buddy-cop act
  • mechgouki wrote:
    With so many exploits out there, we should be allowed to view other player's current Hero Points and lso.

That way, if the player is cheating we would be immediately able to tell right away.

Besides it's not as if HP is something that needs to be kept confidential anyway.

Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of seeing Hero Points on each player.

Wouldn't players still need to report/open tickets concerning what players are seeing that would imply cheating? If the true purpose is to find a cheater due to a certain criterion then wouldn't it be more effective to ask the Developers to implement some codes to search for this criterion? This would save everyone from playing the role of police person.
  • Puritas wrote:
    Apparently cheaters on the forum are allowed the same voice as legit players. Oh well, goes hand-in-hand with cheaters in-game being allowed to continue playing.
  • Puritas wrote:

You could always create more of your asskissing threads. The devs love those.
  • Stop posting threads you annoying **** child. You have zero to contribute to this forum.
  • Stop replying in them then, dumb ****. You have the choice to stop torturing yourself with m
    y presence. Duh.
  • I'd like the fights to take place on the server side rather than the client side, even if it means a bit of more lag. It would be the best way to stop cheating.
  • You guys know the forum has an ignore function, right?
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I created this topic simply as a simple idea and suggestion.

If we have the option to view other players' HP amount, we'd straight away be able to tell if they had indeed hacked the game.

If someone has a million HP, we can tell a cheater right away. We can't expect the server and codes to catch all of them. That's why there is a report function.

It's not exactly something confidential. After all, we get to see people's rosters, so it's not like another player's iso or HP have to be hidden.

For some reason, this mere simple suggestion seems to stirred the attention of antagonists. For reasons I don't understand, and don't care. Maybe they should consider taking less of those controlled substances.
  • Code a feature to allow players to detect cheaters...

or...

Code a feature that detects cheaters?
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Puritas wrote:
    Apparently cheaters on the forum are allowed the same voice as legit players. Oh well, goes hand-in-hand with cheaters in-game being allowed to continue playing.
    Derp derp most companies now pay people to hack into their games and find exploits in order to create security measures.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm sure you'd totally send the devs a pm explaining how to fix their security holes

oh wait you just downloaded a script online and have no idea how it works
  • Puritas wrote:
    I'm sure you'd totally send the devs a pm explaining how to fix their security holes

oh wait you just downloaded a script online and have no idea how it works
    Looooooll he said script do you even know what a script is. I would pm a Dev but i never see them online
  • How does seeing someone's HP tell you if they're a cheater vs someone who just spent money vs someone who's been saving it for a while? Pretty dumb idea.
  • How does seeing someone's HP tell you if they're a cheater vs someone who just spent money vs someone who's been saving it for a while? Pretty dumb idea.

902ghz.jpg
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    How does seeing someone's HP tell you if they're a cheater vs someone who just spent money vs someone who's been saving it for a while? Pretty dumb idea.

902ghz.jpg

They would already be banned before you'd ever see them.