Unable to play the game

pmoney82
pmoney82 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Since this morning, I have been unable to play MPQ. I updated to R91 before today and played with no issue, but from the first attempt to start it up early this morning, I can't get past the initial loading screen. I have tried rebooting the device and uninstall/reinstall, but neither has worked. I am playing on an IPod touch 3rd Gen. Not sure if i backed up my device previously (with facebook), so i really hope i didn't just delete all my progress for nothing.

Anybody have a solution or updates on this? From reading around, it seems to be a common problem with installing updates...

Comments

• It is a commom issue, I haven't been able to play since Thursday night(the 7th of Jan). I hope I don't miss out on my "shield resupply"
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a commom issue, I haven't been able to play since Thursday night(the 7th of Jan). I hope I don't miss out on my "shield resupply"
    The daily resupply will pick up where you left off. Missing a day doesn't cause you to lose rewards.
  • I have the same problem here too. I have been unable to sign in Marvel Puzzle Quest since Friday, (Jan 8, 2016). I thought it was bad before, (at the beginning of the current update) not being able to finish 2 or 1 games before it crashed on me. Not being able to sign in at all is a real game-breaking bug as I can't even make it past the 1st loading screen before the game closes on me. icon_cry.gif

What makes it worse is that on Christmas day I got my 1st Red Hulk cover. Because I didn't have any room for him or enough gold hero points to buy more space, I planned to earn enough HP or get rid of an unwanted card before the 2 week expiration. Friday, (Jan 8, 2016) was the 2-Week expiration date after Christmas, (Dec 25, 2015), and I couldn't sign in to do anything to save him. icon_mad.gif

This game-breaking bug litterally has forced me to stop playing this game and find another game to play. After a major character loss I'm also not sure when or if I will come back as it'll probably be awhile before the problem is even acknowledged & then fixed. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    Did you open a ticket with customer service?
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1274#p15078
  • Did you open a ticket with customer service?

Yes. I "opened a ticket" by sending pretty much the same thing in my previous comment to the customer service you posted plus my MPG In-game name, which is the same as my d3go profile name. My understanding though is that I won't be getting a response for a while if at all & won't be able to play MPQ for awhile and more than likely won't get that Red Hulk cover back. So I apparently I need to move on & forget about all the new events being added.

Oh and yes, I still can't get into MPQ. I also haven't backed up my game on Facebook as I don't use Facebook so I haven't bothered Uninstalling & Reinstalling MPQ to see if that would fix the issue.
  • Did you open a ticket with customer service?

I noticed on that link that you posted there are two links for contacting support: http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support & mobilesupport@d3p.us . Do I need to utilize both links or is one link more useful than the other or are they both equal in getting problems fixed. As for which I chose, I used the http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support link & clicked the giant "Contact Us" button at the top right for "opening a ticket". If I needed to utilize the other link to get my problem resolved please let me know. Thank you. icon_e_smile.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    Hm, I pulled that from the sticky post in this forum, but it looks different from the last time I submitted a ticket. Let me try to find that link...
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

That page has a more complete form.
  • Hm, I pulled that from the sticky post in this forum, but it looks different from the last time I submitted a ticket. Let me try to find that link...
    https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

That page has a more complete form.

Thank you for posting that 2nd link. It does look more useful than the link that is listed in the Stickied post that I used earlier & that you posted. If that is in fact the more useful way to go about "creating a ticket" then it probably would help to have that link listed in the stickied post. Then again it might just help to create an entirely new up-to-date stickied post in regards to the Bug/Ticket Creation procedure as the current one was created in 2013 & it would probably help out clueless new forum members like myself to better report bugs & find resolutions to their issues a lot quicker. In any case, thank you again for you help. icon_e_smile.gif
  • pmoney82
    thanks for the replies; sounds like other people are experiencing the exact same issue as me.

Just to update, I did submit a ticket to both of those links on Friday. I got an auto-reply from both saying that my tickets were received and were under review. Hoping to get a response in the next few days.

Tried opening the game a few times over the weekend for the hell of it and it is still doing the exact same thing...
  • In the same boat
  • MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Seeing this starting today on Galaxy S5, I can't get past the initial loading screen.

Uninstall reinstall did not help, after reinstall quits before it gets past 37% loading, can't even play tutorial.

After a bit of tinkering I was able to start tutorial, we'll see how it goes.
  • I can't get the game to load at all. I played very late last night/very early this morning. I've rebooted twice and tried to get the game to load, but I can't get past the initial loading screen. The screen turns white, then it goes back to the launcher. I'm playing on a stock Nexus 7 (2013) running 6.0.1 with the January, 2016 security update installed.

I submitted a ticket, and I got back the standard response about the game damaging characters when the game ends abruptly to curtail cheaters. I sent in a detailed response regarding memory usage, apps running, etc. I was actually doing well in the Wolverine event and now I'm screwed.
  • icon_evil.gif I am having the exact same problem with my android phone. I did a factory reset and reinstalled the game and still crashes during the loading screen!
  • pmoney82
    I got the generic response from tech support on monday explaining to try things like rebooting:

Here are a few things to try in the meantime while we try to narrow down the issue:

- Make sure you have enough space on your device or your SD Card. (Full devices can run slower)
    - Make sure your OS is updated to the most recent version and that you have the most recent version of the game.
    - Restart your device often, especially if you are experiencing lag.
    - Try clearing your cache.

iOS users can clear their cache by going to Settings>Safari>Clear History. Please also make sure to also select "Clear Cookies and Data".

Android users can clear their cache by downloading a cache cleaning program, or by going to Menu>Settings(System Settings)>Application Manager(Apps). From there you can tap each application and select "Force Stop" and then "Clear Cache".

Haven't heard back since i replied that day giving them specific details about my device and whatnot. Still can't play the game. This is some ****