Roster Advice

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
I'm just looking for advice on what kind of team to use in PvE, what to use in PvP, What builds I should go with for incomplete units, which units I should keep, which I should get rid of, etc.

My current roster is:

Iron Man (Model 25): Lvl 50, 5/5/3
Storm (Modern): Lvl 50, 5/5/3
Daken (Dark Avengers Wolverine): Lvl 46, 5/5
Storm (Classic): Lvl 45, 5/1/3
Black Widow (Modern): Lvl 40, 5/5
Captain America (Modern): Lvl 35, 3/3/1
Thor (Marvel NOW!): Lvl 29, 2/3/3
Magneto (Marvel NOW!): Lvl 24, 3/1/1
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men): Lvl 19, 1/4/3
The Hulk (Indestructible): Lvl 15, 0/0/1
The Punisher (Dark Reign): Lvl 15, 0/1/0
Wolverine (Patch): Lvl 15, 0/0/1
Black Widow (Original): Lvl 14, 1/2/0
Ares (Dark Avengers): Lvl 6, 1/0/0

My current Reward is a Yellow Astonishing X-Men Wolverine

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm just looking for advice on what kind of team to use in PvE, what to use in PvP, What builds I should go with for incomplete units, which units I should keep, which I should get rid of, etc.

My current roster is:

Modern Storm - Lvl 46, 5/5/3
    Model 35 Iron Man - Lvl 45, 5/5/3
    Dark Avengers Wolverine Daken - Lvl 44, 5/4
    Classic Storm - Lvl 42, 5/1/3
    Modern Black Widow - Lvl 40, 5/5
    Modern Captain America - Lvl 29, 2/3/0
    Marvel NOW! Thor - Lvl 29, 2/2/2
    Marvel NOW! Magneto - Lvl 16, 2/1/1
    Model 40 Iron Man - Lvl 15, 0/0/1
    Indestructible The Hulk - Lvl 15, 0/0/1
    Original Black Widow - Lvl 14, 1/2/0
    Astonishing X-Men Wolverine - Lvl 14, 0/2/1
    Dark Avengers Ares - Lvl 6, 2/0/0

Right now, I have a Yellow Patch Wolverine and a Purple Modern Hawkeye as available Rewards. I don't have any open Roster Spots, and only have 75 HP at the moment. Any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

For incomplete builds, you should go to each of the character threads (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3371) and read up on what are the more popular builds right now. Your best team right now is Daken/M. Storm/IM35. While Daken isn't the greatest once you get a couple of level 85 characters, hes pretty invaluable for you given that he is one of the only characters that you have enough covers to get up to a respectable level (50+), has almost no downtime due to his passive heal, and since you have 5 purple, has ridiculous damage output due to pheromone rage. M. Storm is the perfect compliment to him since her green fuels both pheromone rage and Storm's green, her red is spammable which means more damage from strike tiles, and hailstorm deals extra damage each turn due to strike tiles as well. Your third should just be whatever hero is buffed in the current event. Ideally it should cover as many of the 3 missing colors that you have (purple/blue/yellow).M.

In terms of must keeps, you leveled M. Storm, IM35, Daken, MBW, and C. Storm up to a point where you probably are going to be using them for a while, so you probably need to keep those characters until you get to a point where you can transition to 2*s. The best 2*s in the game right now are Thor/Wolvie/Ares/OBW, so definitely keep those covers. That leaves Cap / MN Mags (Both are average, MN Mags slightly better, but you have a lot of covers for both), Hulk (black is his best cover and he's amazing on defense, so I'd keep this as a long term investment), and IM40 (I personally don't like the character since he's only used for recharge). Patch is definitely a build around me 3*, so I would consider tossing either Cap, MN Mags, or IM40 for him. It's good to keep characters in your stash for as long as possible so that you can see what characters youll need for the next event.

For PvP tournaments, try to aim for the 3 2* cover rewards (rank 46-75). You don't have enough roster slots to support 3* characters yet, so you might as well get covers that you can use. Also try to not use shields to get these so you can get enough HP to buy roster slots.
  • Thanks a lot for all of that. I think if I was between Cap, Mags, and IM40, I'd probably sell the Iron Man. I do like having a boosted version of him in some matches, but I don't think I would ever use him outside of those when a better one than what I have is provided.

So should I just sell the modern Hawkeye?
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Thanks a lot for all of that. I think if I was between Cap, Mags, and IM40, I'd probably sell the Iron Man. I do like having a boosted version of him in some matches, but I don't think I would ever use him outside of those when a better one than what I have is provided.

So should I just sell the modern Hawkeye?

He is going to get buffed in the immediate future, but eh, not sure what you'd replace and if they are going to make him playable. Hold onto him for as long as possible in your stash, and sell him if he isn't featured in the next pvp/pve or buffed to a reasonable state.
  • I updated my Roster for the Simulator event ending. Got some upgrades for my heroes, and have a couple new Rewards.

I also have 300 Hero Points now, and I was wondering if I should save them for Packs or just hang onto them for when I need a new Roster Spot.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I updated my Roster for the Simulator event ending. Got some upgrades for my heroes, and have a couple new Rewards.

I also have 300 Hero Points now, and I was wondering if I should save them for Packs or just hang onto them for when I need a new Roster Spot.

Do roster slots until you have enough for every single character. Even 1*s can be useful (as shown by this upcoming tournament being 1* only) given enough time, so you want to be able to play all the characters.
  • One spot for everyone? Cool cool. I'll work on that.

I just started trying to do the 1-Star PVP event. Reminded me of how much I hate PVP. icon_razz.gif
  • Okay. I updated my Roster and Rewards. Looking for any advice on main parties I should use for PvP or PvE, or maybe builds to go with for different characters.

It's taking quite a while to get the Iso-8 to level up character, especially when I'm constantly getting 20 Iso-8 as rewards instead of the ones that are still available. Is it getting to the point that I'm going to have to start paying money for progress? Should I sell any of the units I have for the Iso-8 to level up other characters?