ISO shortfall more painful than ever

2»

Comments

• Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Berserk Al wrote:
    It would be cool if they replaced the Critical boost in node rewards for a new, ISO boost. During battle, it would do nothing but take a Team-Up slot, but after that, the ISO reward of that battle would be multiplyied for 1.5, 2 or 3. Imagine scoring 40 ISO instead of 20 for three battles.

In the original Puzzle Quest, you would earn Gold (Iso) but actually matching during battle.

Example:
    greentile.pngpurpletile.pngiso8.png
    redtile.pnggreentile.pngiso8.png
    bluetile.pngiso8.pngyellowtile.png

You would gain Iso but no damage would be done. There was some strategy if you did not want to take damage, you could sacrifice income. It was interesting.

I doubt we would ever see this but it would be cool to see different random tiles fall down.

It would also be cool if a character had an ability that allowed it to generate ISO. Like:
    Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) blackflag.png

Cat Paw - Cost 10 blacktile.png : Steals 100 ISO from enemy.
    LV2: Steals 250 ISO. Costs 12AP
    LV3: Steals 500 ISO. Costs 15AP
    LV4: Steals 600 ISO and 25 HP. Costs 20 AP.
    LV5: Steals 1000 ISO, 25 HP and 1 CP. Costs 27AP.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    alaeth wrote:
    I think the biggest issue is the VALUE of iso8.png is way off... for $100 (right now... before the HP to cover change) I can FULLY cover a 4* character (with one of each cover earned). Getting only 78k ISO is a slap in the face.

Sweet bouncy baby bajingos THIS!!

Even if you back it off to the $20 investment which I'm guessing a wider range of folks do, you get 2900 HP or 13,200 ISO.

I can make 13,200 in 2 days of playing normally. Even with a lucky vault pull, there's zero chance I'm making 2900 HP in 2 days.

If they *significantly* raised the amount of ISO, I might consider buying it. But as it is, never in a million years.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 1.2 million iso currently. That could champion most of my 2*, and maybe 10 3* at most (my 3* are currently softcapped at lv 120). After that...well Iso has just become more precious than HP

I remember when I had 3.5M iso saved with all 3*'s fully covered at lvl 115-130.. then I pulled SS, so I finally made the decision to lvl my top 3*'s to 166.. those millions of Iso went QUICK!

How on earth are people amassing that much ISO? I think the most I ever had was slightly north of 100K.

Do every DPDQ - it is the most Iso-efficient thing this game has.

Grind the tough nodes on PVE - in particular target the 500 and 250 Iso awards. It does add up.

Get to good progressions in PVP. PVP is very Iso-positive unless you spend a lot on boosts. I only boost when I'm doing my last push.

Do the seed teams on the lightning rounds. It takes very little time and nets you over a thousand.

Speaking of DPDQ, there's a Magneto who needs to face my (now healed) Nick Fury...

If you don't spend every day, it adds up, particularly when you're expending your 2* and 3* covers for Iso. I generally level my characters to particular points and leave them there, rather then bringing them up all the way to their max.

I had 260K before Championing went in. I went down to 111k, and am now building back up - but I also think I'll max out XWolvie at 255 to Promote him (60k. Ouch.)
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald wrote:
    I have 1.2 million iso currently. That could champion most of my 2*, and maybe 10 3* at most (my 3* are currently softcapped at lv 120). After that...well Iso has just become more precious than HP

I remember when I had 3.5M iso saved with all 3*'s fully covered at lvl 115-130.. then I pulled SS, so I finally made the decision to lvl my top 3*'s to 166.. those millions of Iso went QUICK!

How on earth are people amassing that much ISO? I think the most I ever had was slightly north of 100K.

Do every DPDQ - it is the most Iso-efficient thing this game has.

Grind the tough nodes on PVE - in particular target the 500 and 250 Iso awards. It does add up.

Get to good progressions in PVP. PVP is very Iso-positive unless you spend a lot on boosts. I only boost when I'm doing my last push.

Do the seed teams on the lightning rounds. It takes very little time and nets you over a thousand.

Speaking of DPDQ, there's a Magneto who needs to face my (now healed) Nick Fury...

If you don't spend every day, it adds up, particularly when you're expending your 2* and 3* covers for Iso. I generally level my characters to particular points and leave them there, rather then bringing them up all the way to their max.

I had 260K before Championing went in. I went down to 111k, and am now building back up - but I also think I'll max out XWolvie at 255 to Promote him (60k. Ouch.)

I actually do all of these, though sometimes have to bail on the hard nodes in PVE if my roster is wrecked. I've just been leveling my best characters consistently, but still rarely get over 30K these days. Well, since yesterday I've had a hard time staying over 10K.

But I also just decided that while I was sitting on 5 Doom covers and 3 Grocket covers, the amount of ISO I would spend to fully level and Champion them for 2 quick Legendary tokens was really not worth it. That ISO would be better served adding levels to my 4 & 5*s. More covers will come, and I have enough other 3*'s at max that those will be easy LT's when they pop up (like Hulk was today).

I also am finding that I was spending a TON on ap boosts. I've stopped doing that and it's adding up.

I was caught in the frenzy of MUSTDOALLTHETHINGS!! at once and it's just not viable unless you already have a Smaug-like stash already.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Berserk Al wrote:
    It would also be cool if a character had an ability that allowed it to generate ISO. Like:

That's a beautiful idea.

You could also do something similar to Deadpool where you get an iso bonus if you play them in a mission once a day.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Berserk Al wrote:

Steal from AI, ok... Steal from Player... no way.

Bad enough 5 guys can hit you during one match in PVP, would suck to do a match and come out missing 125HP and 5000 Iso... yikes.