Opening Tokens - Continue/Sell

Mawtful
Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So this is a topic that's been beaten to death over and over already, but I think that the introduction of Championing has certainly highlighted some problem areas around opening tokens and selling queued covers.

I used to keep my reward queue empty. Covers were either needed, and so applied to the character, or sold for ISO. I kept a Hulkbuster cover in my queue for the last week so that I could use that immediately after Championing went live, but I don't think I've ever had to nurse covers before. Championing has essentially nerfed the "Sell All" button, since now I'm much more likely to hold onto covers if I think I'm close to using them.

Since 1*'s aren't part of the Champion process, those are the most obvious sell-fodder. I know as soon as I open a 1* that I'm going to sell it - I don't have to think about whether I've championed that character or if I'm about to hit a milestone Champion Level that'll award a cover that I don't want to apply just yet. So, if nothing else, I'd love to see the option to sell a 1* cover as soon as I receive it - a small little square button next to, or beneath, that big old "Continue" would be just great. Alternatively, a set of "Sell All X-star Covers" buttons in the reward queue would also help.

This isn't really a suggestion - since I know this exact feature has been requested over and over again for the last 2 years or so - more of a rant that some basic UX stuff is still missing after all this time.

Comments

• Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:
    So this is a topic that's been beaten to death over and over already, but I think that the introduction of Championing has certainly highlighted some problem areas around opening tokens and selling queued covers.

I used to keep my reward queue empty. Covers were either needed, and so applied to the character, or sold for ISO. I kept a Hulkbuster cover in my queue for the last week so that I could use that immediately after Championing went live, but I don't think I've ever had to nurse covers before. Championing has essentially nerfed the "Sell All" button, since now I'm much more likely to hold onto covers if I think I'm close to using them.

Since 1*'s aren't part of the Champion process, those are the most obvious sell-fodder. I know as soon as I open a 1* that I'm going to sell it - I don't have to think about whether I've championed that character or if I'm about to hit a milestone Champion Level that'll award a cover that I don't want to apply just yet. So, if nothing else, I'd love to see the option to sell a 1* cover as soon as I receive it - a small little square button next to, or beneath, that big old "Continue" would be just great. Alternatively, a set of "Sell All X-star Covers" buttons in the reward queue would also help.

This isn't really a suggestion - since I know this exact feature has been requested over and over again for the last 2 years or so - more of a rant that some basic UX stuff is still missing after all this time.

If you have an open roster slot, you get a sell button when you win a cover you don't already have at the end of the fight.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    don't worry this will be moved to desolation that is the suggestion forum.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    A solution might be that you can lock characters in the queu so that sell all still works
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    A solution might be that you can lock characters in the queu so that sell all still works

The more common solution would probably be a "sell selected" button where you scroll and mark the covers you don't need.

But the big token hoards with people waiting for championing to come should become a lot smaller now that it's here, making a change like that obsolete.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

The more common solution would probably be a "sell selected" button where you scroll and mark the covers you don't need.

But the big token hoards with people waiting for championing to come should become a lot smaller now that it's here, making a change like that obsolete.

Or let us sell covers when we open them from tokens. You're able to sell the covers you win from PVP fights and Facebook gifts so I don't understand why this can't be applied across the board.