I knew they were adjusting the scaling curves of 3* heroes..

Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
...to ping Soft-Cappers (weakening 3* heroes around the "halfway" point), but did they also do it to 4-Star heroes? It doesn't make a lot of sense if so - my IMHB is 225 (thanks to ISO limitations), and he had been doing 605/AP on Red. Now, Repulsor Punch hits for 575/AP on Red. Pretty annoying change, intended or not.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, wow that sucks. Mine's 10% worse too (level 210). So presumably they're stronger at 70, but at 200, the time you need them to be strong to earn 4* to eventually max them, they're worse? Ouch.

I thought they meant the powers/covers would scale differently from ranks 1-5, then I thought they were just talking about match damage, but I guess it's power damage.

If only they gave us 2 sentences of explanation it would've been unambiguous, but now it's clear I guess. Hope someone gives an explanation for it, I suppose it's because they'd rather I was playing with a 250 Champ Iron Fist than a 210 HB? That'll be a while. Does give me a desire to max him... but the ISO, won't someone please think of the children?!
  • Arondite
    I guess there goes another 25K ISO, as soon as I get it... Lol
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Here's the thing, my softcapped heroes got a boost. At least in the 3* realm. My lvl 114 Cyc's red would hit for a little more than 3100. Now, 3476. His black went from some 4200 with an additional 1800 damage to 4655 and 1975.

If this was intended to hurt softcappers, it didn't work. Or at least it doesn't work at a certain point. Maybe I'd be feel the sting with a softcap of 140 (maybe even 120), but I got a feeling that those within 94-114 range aren't going to feel bad about it.

This seems to have only hurt those who slowly progressing toward max levels, which is ****.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah my lvl 170 4* Cyclops' red with 10 TU did alittle over 10k and now it's 9.5k. My lvl 170 Red Hulks green with 18 AP would do alittle over 6k AOE, now its about 5.9k..

While not a huge amount of damage, it still makes no sense. I didn't buy their covers and level them so they would become weaker
  • Well my 231(boosted) Deadpool has rank 5 Whales.. used to hit for 5600 team damage, now 4677.

Same with his 5 ranks of Little off the Top.. lost nearly 1000 max damage.

Unboosted, he's 160. 6 levels are not going to scale up 1000 damage.

Didn't they say they weren't nerfing anyone?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    UncleSmed wrote:

Didn't they say they weren't nerfing anyone?

I believe they did say that and they haven't nerfed anyone. They've nerfed everyone.
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    I just had a scary thought.
    What if they meant low level, medium, high as being under the NEW system?

So "we're changing power levels" doesn't mean the old power levels (15, 50ish and 94 for 2 stars, for arguments sake ) it means NEW levels with championing (15 low, 94 is now medium and 144 is now high)?

I hope someone proves me wrong on this. Because now the medium "nerf" range is old max level, where the majority of my 3* roster is at (lvl 151-155).
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    ...to ping Soft-Cappers (weakening 3* heroes around the "halfway" point), but did they also do it to 4-Star heroes? It doesn't make a lot of sense if so - my IMHB is 225 (thanks to ISO limitations), and he had been doing 605/AP on Red. Now, Repulsor Punch hits for 575/AP on Red. Pretty annoying change, intended or not.

I like it. I mean I get why it's an annoying nerf, but I am in your shoes and was looking at the levelling from 225 - 270 as adding what, 15 extra damage per red?

At least now those last, ridiculously expensive levels have some incremental value.
  • Arondite
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

I like it. I mean I get why it's an annoying nerf, but I am in your shoes and was looking at the levelling from 225 - 270 as adding what, 15 extra damage per red?

At least now those last, ridiculously expensive levels have some incremental value.

The 4K hp was plenty of incentive for me.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    These differences are so minor.
  • Arondite
    Spencer75 wrote:
    These differences are so minor.

His Strike Tiles on black were also affected, which is more significant.
  • Uh-huh you say the changer are minor now. But just wait until the 4* DPDQs... Enemies will be doing the same amount of damage and have more health, while people with less than max cover/level 4* will now be doing a little less damage than before. In other words greater odds/more chances for the enemies to gain AP to fire off ridiculously overpowered near OHKO moves... Heck I would not be surprised if this was the primary intent of the damage nerf...too many people beat these battles they were meant to lose with non-maxed characters...
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    ibar726 wrote:
    Uh-huh you say that now. But just wait until the 4* DPDQs... Enemies will be doing the same amount of damage and have more health, while people with less than max cover/level 4* will now be doing less damage. In other words greater odds/more chances for the enemies to gain AP to fire of ridiculously overpowered near OHKO moves... Heck I would not be surprised if this was the primary intent of the damage nerf...too many people beat these battles they were meant to lose with non-maxed characters...

Not really. The scaling looks to have been adjusted so characters beyond max level are less powerful. Which makes sense if you increased a characters starting power and left its maximum power the same, the increment per level would have decreased. So that 270 opponent isn't doing anywhere near the same amount of damage they used to.

People with less than max cover/level is a broad grouping. People with low level 4* will actually be doing MORE damage than they were. It's only people with intermediate levels of power that have been negatively affected.