Is it TIME to jump to 166?

Unknown
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I'm sitting here with 1,226,755 iso. I have 13 fully covered 3*s, a number of close ones, and at 11K to max each to 166 (cause Championing is the new hotness), I'd be able to do about 12 of them to max, and I'd figure out the Championing cost when I get there.

Of course, I could put it off longer, while building Champion levels for my 2* sweeties, but that'll take some time. And with my current New Fresh Roster Slot taken up by **** Quicksilver, I don't plan to open a lot of tokens until the next one is ready.

Anyways, my Max'd 3*s are:

The Obvious: icon_lukecage.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_hood.png (Soft cap leveling him aside)

Second Tier Stuff: icon_doctordoom.pngicon_wolverine.pngicon_blackwidow.pngicon_deadpool.png

I love him but he's pretty darn situational: icon_bullseye.png

Meeeeeeeeh?: icon_caroldanvers.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_falcon.png

I also got some close ones, too.

Anyways, current roster here

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    championing is a huge boost to the 4* transition. every champ's first cover immediately gets an LT. I don't think you'd regret any of the obvious or second tier. i also like a few of your meeeeeh tier. I've wanted to max torch for a while and did just to champion him. hulk is useful maxed. i also think marvel could be useful maxed. my BE is still 120 but he is so fun to play with. can't really tell you 1 way or the other there. the one glaring hole is fist. add fist to that bunch and you have a ton of firepower and options. also, i think the most important guys you don't have listed there are mags and fist - I'd go all out on any event that has them. cyke is great too, but you can use cage just as well. sw will also be important. good luck.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    On the Meeeeeh? row:

I did max Capt Marvel and haven't regretted it, though it might not be the best for your roster right now. I am slowly building a 4* roster and once you're at that point, you re-evaluate your 3 *'s and one of the big pluses is who generates AP color for you. Marv tanking damage, generates both red and black, which is great for damage dealers like Hulkbuster or XFW, or 3 star damagers like Cyclops, BP, and others. Plus she can always knock out defense tiles with her red in a pinch. You might find her useful with your Cage or Steve cap. Something to keep in mind, even if you put her on the backburner for now.

I've got a maxed Mystique, and again, another good black & purple generator. However, I rarely use her, sadly, so I can't recommend favoring her over someone, other than if you're really wanting to play the long game for those 3 Iceman covers from her Champion rewards.

Hulk is an easy max. Still one of the best meat shields, generates green and shakes up the board. Been working great with my iceman in the latest PVE.

3* Falcon is fine, but since I only use him in PVE, he's better on the back row, so I've never needed to max him.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    On the Meeeeeh? row:

I did max Capt Marvel and haven't regretted it...

Hulk is an easy max. Still one of the best meat shields, generates green and shakes up the board. Been working great with my iceman in the latest PVE.

3* Falcon is fine, but since I only use him in PVE, he's better on the back row, so I've never needed to max him.

I'd echo all three of these (also been doing hulk/ice in PvE; rocks), and add that Hulk also does very well with patch.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    You got a typo, since it would cost a lot more than 11k to max any of your 3*. My 3* at 140 costs 61k to take to 166. In order to have a realistic/obtainable goal, I'm going to max 10 3*, while leveling some 4* as needed. I'm down to under 30k ISO. The characters I plan to max are Cyclops, Iron Fist, Kamala Khan, Luke Cage, Rocket and Groot, Captain America, The Hood, and Thor. Already maxed and championed Scarlet Witch and Black Widow.

All my other 3* are cover maxed, but are at 140. I was at 1.6m before I took a lot of my 4* to 200, so that ISO can be depleted pretty quickly. I would definitely budget it wisely.