[POLL] Champion iso spent

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Championing is live, how much have you spent?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Everything I could. For where i am in the game, I don't see a downside. It's ultimately ISO-neutral at 2* and 3* (and I assume 4* and 5* but I haven't cared enough to do the math), and the influx of rewards is great.

Plus, I noticed in the process of championing 7 2*'s and 6 3*'s, there's a cool cascade/synergy effect where token and cover rewards feed into other champions. So I suspect that championing as much as possible as evenly as possible might maximize that effect and move you faster towards getting that ISO back.

Of course, doing it that way puts a big holdup on character leveling, but the way my roster is right now, I wasn't making a hell of a lot of progress anyway. Most of my 3*'s are maxed, and most of my 4*'s are either cover-limited or into that wasteland around 180 where levels cost a ton and don't provide a lot of benefit.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Knowing this was coming, I hoarded quite a bit this season. 350K ISO championed all four of my maxed 4*'s and four maxed 2*'s, my 22 maxed 3*'s and maxed three more (Rags/GSBW/She-Hulk) to champion them as well.

Only got that far by selling all the other 2*'s I pulled, it was a pricey (fun) day, and lots more ISO is needed. Wish I could find it!
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I started with 1,070,000 this morning. All the 2's and 3's that I care to champion are done. Tokens are all cleared. 800k left and deciding what 4's are getting the rest. Unfortunately, I have 5 of them needing between 60k-350k iso, and they all have 4-6 extra covers awaiting. Best day ever, just trying to squeeze every last little drop out of it!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leveled 2 4☆s, 250-270. 159k iso8.png
    Championed 2 4☆s, 25k iso8.png
    Championed 9 3☆s, 67.5k iso8.png
    Championed 3 2☆s, 15k iso8.png

266.5k iso8.png
  • ~600K ISO leveling/championing this afternoon. Still more to go, but hitting that point where I might not be able to level an important toon if I splurge now and then get the cover I need. Have 12 champion-able covers in my queue across 6 3*s, and also have 6 2*s that are champion-able but not leveled.

Don't think I can justify leveling the 2*s for 3 extra 3* levels (what it would amount to). Drew an OML and 3 IMHB covers from the championed LTs, though!

Definitely a good day. Wish they could all be so good.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    More than I originally planned. Those LT's are too good, so I'll spend the next few weeks building iOS to champion all my maxed, just get it out of the way right now. Doesn't look like I need to go back and max any three's though thankfully more than one way to each 4 star. Spent less than 30k today, probably around 100k by the time I'm done.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the return of ISO at all tiers of championing. The decision to champion ALL THE THINGS became clear to me as a long term goal.

As such I've gone from ~230,000 ISO to 19,000 ISO from championing.

I champions all 2*'s, most 3*'s and a small handful of 4*'s.

Looks like my goal for the next couple weeks/months will be to keep up with my cover queue and try to champion people before they expire. Placing a focus on 3*'s because the return of ISO is more immediate and I consider that to be the games most precious resource these days.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The PLAN is to champion everybody at the earliest opportunity. Tonight on Steam, that meant Hawkeye, Thor, and Storm (which chained into Magneto and OBW as various tokens got opened). Mobile, I've championed Ares (thought I had a cover for him to eat; didn't) and Cap (2) (had one cover in queue, got another + 5k ISO from my two tacos, so...).

So, net spending, 30k between the two accounts. So far.

Thing is, I suspect all my 2* will be championed in short order thanks to the Taco Vault. Thanks, Taco Vault!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I'm a softcapper, so my 3* are SOL for the time being, but I was almost at 3 million iso so no biggie.

45k in championing all my 2* and another 20k or so into leveling up Ms Marvel and Moonstone that I had been sitting on from when they were essential in PvE.

My champs are gaining levels fast. Going to probably have to take up my 3* soon.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I started the process with around 300k, now I'm sitting with 3k iso, but the process included leveling oml from 420 to 445 (or 446, can't remember) as well; I had to sell all the stockpiled covers for obw to keep going, and more than a few 4* covers (because stockpiling the iso required to level even one of those characters in 14 days wasn't doable, considering my pending priorities).

The micro-management part of the game has become really intriguing, even when it requires tough choices (which means to let go good covers for top tier characters).
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Around 200K for me, which was most of my stash. That got me Doom, Daken, Patch, and CMags in 3* land, and OBW, Mags, Thor, Wolvie, Storm, and Torch in 2* land. I'm about 20K ISO short now of being able to do my next 3*. I'll have to choose between GSBW, Deadpool, Mystique, She-Hulk, or Torch if I want another LT.

One more 2* Thor cover nets me a badly-needed green 3* Thor, which will be his 13th, so I can then champion him. Goody goody.

ISO, ISO, ISO... gonna be more valuable than HP now.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have spent over 150k ISO on 3* and got 20 LT in the process since I had 3* covers hanging around. I have 200 standard tokens but having to sell each cover 1 by 1 is going to kill me. I am planing on championing the rest of my max 3* then bring up 1-2 of my underleveld 3* and then go to my 4*. I don't know how much ISO I will gain after my 3* at all championed, but the LT is an awsome prize for the first champion prize.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went from 600k down to under 10k when this change went live. Granted the bulk of that was bringing two 4* characters up to 270, but I did it specifically at this point in time so it kinda counts, right?