Devil Dinosuar ISO cost

killerkoala
killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Before Championing, the cost of iso leveling my dino from 165 to 270 was 250K+, now after the feature it cost 320k+. was there a mention on iso cost being raised?

Comments

• DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Are you sure that the button said lvl 270 before and after?

That button calculates what level you can get to with your current iso stockpile PLUS the $100 iso pack.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Before Championing, the cost of iso leveling my dino from 165 to 270 was 250K+, now after the feature it cost 320k+. was there a mention on iso cost being raised?

More than likely not. They didn't mention a few other much more prominent side effects with this big update (i.e., match damage increase for 4 stars along their level curve, thereby breaking Winfinite for many), so it's not a surprise.

From what I recall he was lower because he was a "joke" character and not intended to be a main character, only available at special times.
    But if he truly is in the 4 star rotation for real now, then that's probably why it was increased to keep parity, which makes sense.

However, it's kind of a **** Move, as those that were lucky enough to get his covers and leveled him at the cheaper rates got him at a "discount".
  • killerkoala
    Right now it cost more to level devil dinosaur from 165 to 270 (320K iso), than Elektra from 165 to 270 (309k iso).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Based on no real evidence, I wonder if the ISO cost for leveling all other characters remains the same (as I sit on a number of fully covered, underleveled 3*s (not that it matters with only 80K ISO currently)).
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Based on no real evidence, I wonder if the ISO cost for leveling all other characters remains the same (as I sit on a number of fully covered, underleveled 3*s (not that it matters with only 80K ISO currently)).

Leveling my Luke Cage from 155-166 costs nearly 12k more than it did before the patch. I keep track of closer to max characters. I hope this is not intended.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Right now it cost more to level devil dinosaur from 165 to 270 (320K iso), than Elektra from 165 to 270 (309k iso).

Could be a bug. DD is supposed to cost less, and you'd think they'd mention it if they were going to change it.

However, it's possible that DD just cost that much less to get to 165, that now you're past a hump on the curve and he costs more per level. E.g. 1* Storm at level 45 needs 5000 more ISO to max, and has already spent 13720. 1* "Imp Dino" could costs 8000 to get to 45, but 7000 to max from there. so overall he's cheaper but the last few levels are more pricey.

I doubt it though, it's probably a bug or an undocumented "feature" to anti-punish everyone who maxed him before.

You're just sitting on enough ISO to have the button say the full amount, huh? Sweet.

Leveling my Luke Cage from 155-166 costs nearly 12k more than it did before the patch. I keep track of closer to max characters. I hope this is not intended.

I was going to say, maybe they accidentally reverted to the pre-R75 ISO costs, but from 155-166 it was the same as it is now. Or should be... Definitely something bad going on here, especially when it is concurrent with a feature designed to spend XP to max people.

Could it be just a problem with your "level all now" button? I'm looking at my level 150 Cage and his current cost (and level-to-max cost) matches the pre-patch costs listed on the MPQ wiki. Unless 155-166 costs 38K+, you might just be remembering wrong.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor

However, it's kind of a **** Move

Which could be said about a lot of things that have been done over the last 2+ years with the game....
  • killerkoala
    ErikPeter wrote:

Could be a bug. DD is supposed to cost less, and you'd think they'd mention it if they were going to change it.

However, it's possible that DD just cost that much less to get to 165, that now you're past a hump on the curve and he costs more per level. E.g. 1* Storm at level 45 needs 5000 more ISO to max, and has already spent 13720. 1* "Imp Dino" could costs 8000 to get to 45, but 7000 to max from there. so overall he's cheaper but the last few levels are more pricey.

I doubt it though, it's probably a bug or an undocumented "feature" to anti-punish everyone who maxed him before.

You're just sitting on enough ISO to have the button say the full amount, huh? Sweet.

I was going to say, maybe they accidentally reverted to the pre-R75 ISO costs, but from 155-166 it was the same as it is now. Or should be... Definitely something bad going on here, especially when it is concurrent with a feature designed to spend XP to max people.

Could it be just a problem with your "level all now" button? I'm looking at my level 150 Cage and his current cost (and level-to-max cost) matches the pre-patch costs listed on the MPQ wiki. Unless 155-166 costs 38K+, you might just be remembering wrong.

i check the iso leveling cost of devil dinosaur (250k iso) the day before championing cause i was thinking doing so to fix his covers to 5/5/3. then afterwards when championing got turned on it was 320k iso, and even so why does it cost 10k iso more to level the same amount another 4* (309k iso).