To Champion or not: prof X ?

Unknown
edited January 2016 in Roster and Level Help
I, like most, have prof X 220. For mastermind purposes. I have 2 spare covers in reserve. I can bring up him to 270 and champion and add covers. Thus, losing mastermind tanking utility.

Or

Keep underleveled. Don't champion

Thoughts??

Comments

• I have basically the same setup, and pulled 4 PX covers from the LT deluge. I burned them for ISO.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    They increased his match damage at lower levels. A 220 PX now does 83 blue match damage. So, they nerfed winfinite, that is, until you get enough SW or GSBW covers to compensate.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I, like most, have prof X 220. For mastermind purposes. I have 2 spare covers in reserve. I can bring up him to 270 and champion and add covers. Thus, losing mastermind tanking utility.
    If you're at 220, you've already lost it.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    If you're at 220, you've already lost it.

But I hope this is another bug from the patch, because it doesnt make any sense that a 4 does the same match damage at level 210 than at level 255. If this is not a bug this is completely stupid.
  • simonsez
    Polares wrote:
    But I hope this is another bug from the patch, because it doesnt make any sense that a 4 does the same match damage at level 210 than at level 255. If this is not a bug this is completely stupid.
    It's a stealth nerf, not a bug. Once you accept that, it makes complete sense, at least from their perspective.
  • simonsez
    For ****'s sake, which genius moved all these threads to a place that gets even less traffic than "suggestions"? Why not just merge this one with the PX character thread, since this is 100% specific to him?
  • A lot of people are in the same boat. Personally, I have 3 other 4*s that I would rather have maxed than ProfX, so I'm keeping him at 220 and building a 5/5/0 dupe (that I actually started a wihle ago, but still only have blue covers for) to use for winfinite. So my ProfX will sit useless at 220 until I get enough SWitch/GSBW covers to champion high enough to start matching purple at 83+.

Also, FYI Mystique works as a decent replacement to SWitch as she can turn the excess blue into purple/black. It's not quite as reliable, but still a really good combo.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, FYI Mystique works as a decent replacement to SWitch as she can turn the excess blue into purple/black. It's not quite as reliable, but still a really good combo.
    the most useful qs has ever been was in that heroic with px and mystique. after mystique's blue, the black can be used for qs to make match-5s. certainly not as reliable, but it worked ok.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    the most useful qs has ever been was in that heroic with px and mystique. after mystique's blue, the black can be used for qs to make match-5s. certainly not as reliable, but it worked ok.
    Interesting. It would depend on how long the battle went. If it's a long fight and Mystique is firing her blue 3 times in a row, all the green tiles get removed and GSBW's purple is less effective - you would prefer QS at that point. Up until then though, GSBW is IMO the better character to generate match-5s. Plus the resulting sniper rifle from her green makes her the preferred choice, but QS could definitely work as a substitute if you didn't have GSBW covered/leveled yet.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    Interesting. It would depend on how long the battle went. If it's a long fight and Mystique is firing her blue 3 times in a row, all the green tiles get removed and GSBW's purple is less effective - you would prefer QS at that point. Up until then though, GSBW is IMO the better character to generate match-5s. Plus the resulting sniper rifle from her green makes her the preferred choice, but QS could definitely work as a substitute if you didn't have GSBW covered/leveled yet.
    for sure - gsbw would work better, but in the specific heroic I was referring to, gsbw wasn't available and I found a use for qs. that's all - he'd not a better option than gsbw.