Quick iso count for 2* Champions

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Quick count of the 2* champion reward levels shows a total of 17500 in ISO prizes, less champion costs of 5000 is 12500. 50 covers at 250=12500, so there is a total net of zero iso from adding champion covers. This is only for iso of course since that's what most people are complaining about atm.

TL;DR
The champion process by itself for 2* will not yield any iso benefits or losses. Last 2 prizes aren't iso, but why wouldn't you?

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Little disappointing, but still great. I will max out all my 2*. Shouldn't take long anyway.
  • Q: What about the value of the tokens and covers you get from the Champion tiers?

Like, the Heroic tokens (at least worth 1 250 iso cover) and the 3* covers you may not need (500 iso)

Does that push it into a profit?
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    colwag wrote:
    Q: What about the value of the tokens and covers you get from the Champion tiers?

Like, the Heroic tokens (at least worth 1 250 iso cover) and the 3* covers you may not need (500 iso)

Well, maybe eventually, but there's no downside to putting those 2-stars into other Champions. And if the 3-star rewards are ISO neutral too, the same would apply to them.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    colwag wrote:
    Q: What about the value of the tokens and covers you get from the Champion tiers?

Well, maybe eventually, but there's no downside to putting those 2-stars into other Champions. And if the 3-star rewards are ISO neutral too, the same would apply to them.

Just did the math on that and they are also neutral. 57,500 = 7,500 champion cost + 50,000 in sold covers.
  • And if the 3-star rewards are ISO neutral too, the same would apply to them.
    Difference is that you can feel confident about "max championing" a 2*, but 100 extra 3* covers seems like a pipe dream so you'll never get back to ISO neutral on 3* champions. The deficit will diminish as you get more and more covers, but you have to think if the other benefits (including respecing) are worth the 7.5K cost. For me, probably yes, but I'm still analyzing...

The real dilemma for me is neglected 2*s. The champion feature is ISO neutral, so is the 70K ISO to level them worth:

3 3* covers
    5 Heroic tokens
    250 HP (for what now?)
    5 CP

I kind of don't think that's a good trade for 2*s that you didn't max anyway as you were progressing.
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    So there is no iso return on investment, but you get so many rewards that it total is worth it, and even better that you at least break even. Thanks for the info!!
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    This is all assuming you have a maxed 2* already. Building one from scratch still needs 70k iso to get to max level before you can champ it.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Might be iso neutral but think of it as 50 or 100 extra levels on your champ..for free!
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    And if the 3-star rewards are ISO neutral too, the same would apply to them.
    Difference is that you can feel confident about "max championing" a 2*, but 100 extra 3* covers seems like a pipe dream so you'll never get back to ISO neutral on 3* champions. The deficit will diminish as you get more and more covers, but you have to think if the other benefits (including respecing) are worth the 7.5K cost. For me, probably yes, but I'm still analyzing...

The real dilemma for me is neglected 2*s. The champion feature is ISO neutral, so is the 70K ISO to level them worth:

3 3* covers
    5 Heroic tokens
    250 HP (for what now?)
    5 CP

I kind of don't think that's a good trade for 2*s that you didn't max anyway as you were progressing.

Farming 2 Lightening Rounds (see the excellent guide if need be) plus DDQ and low level PVE/PVP play can net you around 15k in iso per day. So 5 days to champ a 2* aint that bad really.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Might be iso neutral but think of it as 50 or 100 extra levels on your champ..for free!

Its not free. You had to open a roster slot for the 2 star, and spend 70k iso on him as well in order to make him eligible for championing.

If you already leveld that particular 2 star before this feature? Yep, its totally iso neutral and its a no brainer...

If you haven't? Its definitely not worth it assuming you've transitioned out of absolutely needing 2 stars to progress.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    2-Star: 5 Heroic Tokens, three related 3-Star Hero Covers, 250 Hero Points, and 5 Command Points.
    3-Star: 5 Legendary Tokens, three related 4-Star Hero Covers, 1,000 Hero Points and 50 Command Points.
    4-Star: 10 Legendary Tokens, 4,000 Hero Points and 250 Commands Points.
    5-Star: 25 Legendary Tokens, 20,000 Hero Points, and 625 Command Points.

*taken from faq stickied post regarding Champions. Too lazy to quote it.
  • Farming 2 Lightening Rounds (see the excellent guide if need be) plus DDQ and low level PVE/PVP play can net you around 15k in iso per day. So 5 days to champ a 2* aint that bad really.
    Yeah, but for me it's not really a question of how do I earn the ISO, it's a question of where do I spend it? I still have a LOT of other things to spend on, and championing a 2* to eventually add 3 more championed levels to one of my 3*s doesn't compare to maxing one of my other 3*s or even maybe moving up a 4* or 5* as I get the covers I need.

Just too much opportunity cost for any 2* that I don't already have level maxed. Neglecting the few tokens, HP, and CP, it comes to 23.3K ISO per level for a 3*!

If I ever build up a few million ISO again, then I'll look into it but until then ... faggedabadit.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Level 144 Ares (insert 2* favourite here) > Level 94 Ares.

The fact that its iso neutral is not relevant imo. Added to which extra tokens, HP + 3 3* covers