Seems like Champions messed up boost scaling

hesjingixen
hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Before champions went live, my 166 Deadpool while boosted to 240 in the current PvE was doing 6k with Whales. Now he's doing 4700. I thought all the boosting and stuff was going to work the same, but it seems like characters get WAY less for levels max+ now.

Comments

• moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
  • hesjingixen
    I responded in your thread as well, but it's not just for Champions. My Deadpool in the example above is NOT a champion.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my 250 jean was in the 320s and is not 300. 3* levels are the same, but powers are pulled back. now I wish I'd have done my last clear for the heroic before this hit.
  • They mentioned some finangling with damages and levels and junk too.

Question: How many covers in Whales does your Deadpool have?
  • hesjingixen
    5. He's 5/5/3 and max level (but not Champion).
  • 5. He's 5/5/3 and max level (but not Champion).

Alright then, THAT'S weird. Sorta.

They said stuff about weakening mid-level stuff, and I assumed it was powers, and I don't think Deadpool there qualifies as "Mid-level".

There was some numbers-fiddling going on here. Probably too many to specify ALL of them but... it's worth updating a lot of threads.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    But I'm sure this means all those overbuffed opponents are doing way less damage now too, right? Right? Ummmm....
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Has the way how levels scale up changed too? My max lvl doom was 290 in his pvp, after champion and two covers later my 168 doom became 289. Not sure if i missed a notice somewhere
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not just that, match damage is also broken. My IMHB 255 level has the same max match damage than my 217 Prof X, 83. So as of this my winfinite doesnt work anymore :s:s:s
  • Quick Fire
    Quick Fire Posts: 67 Match Maker
    I saw a post from David in one of his threads that says they're looking into this
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    For the record, my lvl 273 JG is now boosted to lvl 313 instead of something over 350 like expected.

HOWEVER, her ability damage is much higher than it was at 350. I believe the lower scaling is just so that 5* characters are still distinct. The new boost ratio for 4* should take them up to about lvl 425 when boosted at max champion level (lvl 370).

So damage same if not higher for some characters, boost levels lower but that doesn't mean anything.
  • Of all the characters to increase the damage on, Jean was not one of them...
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    metallion wrote:
    Has the way how levels scale up changed too? My max lvl doom was 290 in his pvp, after champion and two covers later my 168 doom became 289. Not sure if i missed a notice somewhere

Hmmm.. I have the same level Doom (168) and mine is now boosted to 288. You got one up on me :p

Match damage also seems off. The seed PVP matches took way too long.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    All week I've been facing 350 JGs, I finally max mine and she boosts out to 312 icon_mad.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please use the thread(s) in the bugs forum for this. Locking this one, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.